HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2004, 01:08 AM
Joined Aug 2004
4 Posts
Video shot from my flying wing

Here is some cool vide shot from my flying wing.

I managed to get a wireless camera and attach it to my electric flying wing.

Have a look
http://fly.bluespark.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=61
sponno is offline Find More Posts by sponno
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2004, 11:27 AM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2003
487 Posts
You seem to have a good transmission of your camera but it looks like you need to focus the lens. I just did my first with a cheap ebay cmos camera and it came out pretty good. I don't have a way to post it yet because it is video tape and not digital. But once I focused the lens the pic was pretty good.

Rick
azfrench is offline Find More Posts by azfrench
Old Sep 01, 2004, 07:48 PM
Joined Aug 2004
4 Posts
You are quite right, I found out that after the first part of this flight that the lens had adjusted itself because of all the motor vibration, now I put some tape over the side to stop it moving. I shot some more footage today and pointed the cam down instead of forwards because of the white balance problems.

My second shoot today went a lot better, I still want to improve my range and signal quality so I can go higher and further. Will see how we go.
Old Sep 03, 2004, 12:07 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
2,954 Posts
dleted
ZRS4 is offline Find More Posts by ZRS4
Last edited by ZRS4; Sep 04, 2004 at 03:00 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2004, 08:00 AM
Joined Aug 2004
4 Posts
You are not going to like my answer here. I have a super spanky video camera that does a hell of a lot. It is a top of the line Panasonic DVX-102 (this is a 3 CCD camera) and has a million + 1 inputs and outputs.

So yeah, I just connected the the one video RCA and Audio RCA into my camera and my camera can act as a VCR and record this input. Very cool.

But I want to know, what type of cameras are people running and where can you get differernt ones from that have a higher range?
Old Sep 04, 2004, 01:23 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
I don't think I'd be flying over populated areas and moving traffic, one radio glitch or servo failure and you're looking at a potential lawsuit. Also, your choice of background music is rather odd (morose), makes me wanna go take some anti-depressents before I slash my wrists.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Sep 05, 2004, 05:57 AM
Joined Aug 2004
4 Posts
Please dont do anything drastic, otherwise you wont be able to see any other films that I make. But thanks about your comments. Luckily you cannot sue other people in New Zealand which is quite novel and maybe this is why we are rated as some of one of the most welcoming places in the world.
Yes the music is a little morbid but I am quite sick of sound tracks that are either “Highway to the danger zone” or songs from Smash Mouth. Neither of which I have any copyright to like everyone else including my current choice of music.
If I was not flying over houses or cars this video wouldn’t really be worth commenting on because it would just be composed of the green grass of the flying field, the odd shot of my self and some trees, not really exciting footage.
Enough of my defensive side, I would love to see some other professional compositions, as this is my first and I hope to make more, I too appreciate feedback in any form.
John Ballinger