HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:57 PM
Broomfield Jeffco, Colorado, United States
Joined May 2004
323 Posts
Great planes siren?? Hotliner or warmliner?

Does anyone know anything about this?

I was just browsing around the tower site and came across this
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHPD0&P=0

It seems like it might be a warmliner by the sleek looks of it.

Greg
argarre is offline Find More Posts by argarre
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2004, 09:34 AM
Authorized Self-Portrait?
Greensboro, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,036 Posts
It sure looks good! I could not even find info on it on the GP website, so I have no idea what it is! Maybe soon...
kitfoxdrvr is offline Find More Posts by kitfoxdrvr
Old Sep 01, 2004, 03:29 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/...-gpma1065.html

GETTING VERTICAL JUST GOT EASIER!

Great Planes enters the "hotliner" category, with the exciting Siren ARF EP Hotliner! Originating in Europe, hotliners are electric aircraft with T-tails and flat wings that allow them to fly very much like powered gliders. But hotliners can also climb straight up into the sky, plummet downward after cutting motor power, pull out of its dive just above the runway...and then perform high-speed loops, rolls and inverted, before ascending again! This is thrill-a-minute R/C flying that you've been wanting to try!

In addition to a low parts count, the Siren boasts a bolt-on horizontal stab and carbon-reinforced wing, factory-hinged ailerons and elevators, and is precovered in a high-quality, iron-on polyester film.
The fuselage comes with motor mount and all internal wood structures already in place.
Exhibits impressive powered glider flight with 3-channel radio control (proportional motor, elevator and aileron).
A Great Planes ElectriFlyTM Speed 600 motor delivers excellent flight; however, truly aggressive vertical performance can be achieved by installing a KontronikTM brushless motor system.
A huge plus: the Siren's fuselage is made of a high-tech carbon fiber material that adds strength, lowers weight - and looks awesome!

SPECIFICATIONS
Wingspan: 79 in (2000mm)
Wing Area: 492 sq in (31.8dm2)
RTF Weight, minus battery: 32.5 oz (920g)
RTF Wing Loading, minus battery): 9.1 oz/sq ft (28g/dm2)
Length: 38.5 in (978mm)
Requires: 3-4 channel radio w/3 micro or nano servos, motor, ESC, prop, spinner

Retail
GPMA1065 Siren ARF EP Hotliner $199.99

Visit the Great Planes world wide web page at www.greatplanes.com
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 01, 2004, 08:16 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W
http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/...-gpma1065.html

Visit the Great Planes world wide web page at www.greatplanes.com
Did anyone find any mention of the Siren on the Great Planes web site? I couldn't. Even the Tower Hobbies page has little more that a price and this picture:

Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike