HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2004, 03:13 PM
Joined Aug 2004
4 Posts
Question
Help with my first T-IFO

I just finished my first T-IFO and I don't have much lift. It almost seems under powered. I went through quite a few ifo threads and people don't usually seem to have this problem. I am using the gws A motor that came with the kit along with a 950 mha lithium poly. Could it be that my motor is slanted at too much of an angle?
ibopage is offline Find More Posts by ibopage
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2004, 08:22 PM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
929 Posts
G'day ibopage,

I have the same setup as you.

I know this sounds stupid, but is your prop on the right way? ie; GWS Logo on prop blades should be facing forwards.

It's a real nice bird when trimmed properly. Also, make sure your CoG is correct. A little nose heavy is better than tail heavy.

How about some pics?

Cheers,
Paul.
mrfirkin is offline Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:54 AM
Joined Sep 2003
285 Posts
The prop suggestion is the most likely culprit. In fact, I'm pretty sure you'll soon reply and report success.

If not though, you could also have a bad motor or a bad or improperly charged battery.

Apparently some of the GWS A motors are better than others and the efficiency varies somewhat.

I don't know the first thing about LiPos, but you should probably find out what voltage your pack should be at when fully charged then use a voltmeter to check them.

[EDIT: Changed paragraph about battery. Didn't see that you provided info about your pack.]
MikeTwain is offline Find More Posts by MikeTwain
Last edited by MikeTwain; Aug 31, 2004 at 07:58 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 09:02 AM
Nashville, Tennesse, United States
Joined Mar 2004
195 Posts
Try setting your motor to zero angle. Most Ifo's don't need any.
Higher is offline Find More Posts by Higher