HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2004, 10:58 PM
Guntalingen, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2004
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simano
Charlie,

The underbelly is all yellow on the swiss version.
Gerry.
Actually, back when Jungmeisters were in use in the swiss air force, they had swiss insignia (white cross on red band) below the bottom wing and on top of the top wing. Almost like the Fokker DVII in another thread. Looks a bit more colourful that way. The one on your photo was most probably redone by a private owner who opted out on the full scheme.

Very inspiring thread, I WANT ONE TOO!
Lorenz
flyyyer is offline Find More Posts by flyyyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2004, 09:17 AM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,453 Posts
Lorenz,

Thanks for the correction on the bottom insignia scheme. I will probably leave them off the bottom just for visual tracking purposes at distance but you're right about the fact that the original swiss version does indeed have the red stripe and white cross on the bottom as well.

I'm almost finished with all four wings panels and should be finishing one of the wings in the next couple of days. I will post update photos at that point. Glad you're following the thread!!...

Gerry.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
Old Oct 06, 2004, 01:10 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....

I know scratch building is tough and at times gets dishearting but, lets keep that upper lip up and finish those wing panels or continue on the FUSE...

Can't wait to see her covered and ready for that maiden!

Got to keep you in line

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Oct 06, 2004, 03:03 PM
Jungmeister 55
Joined Sep 2002
3,453 Posts
Yes...Yes...
Old Oct 06, 2004, 04:21 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Yes...Yes...
Okay, it's windy today so, I am off to cut the lawn and I am not flying today. I am assuming you are going to progress nicely by finishing all wing panels tonight and we "ALL" expect some nice pictures of the progress now that you have that HIGH SPEED Internet connection!

Cut Cut, glue and sand!
Carlos
Old Oct 06, 2004, 10:23 PM
My Soul is High
Fort Payne, AL
Joined Mar 2004
624 Posts
Gerry,
Do you realize the last time that you post pictures was on Post 58.
Come on! you have high speed internet now let us see the
progress!
Barry
Tomokabear is offline Find More Posts by Tomokabear
Old Oct 07, 2004, 01:41 PM
Cumbria
Joined Apr 2003
371 Posts
Just picked up this thread, nice one mate. Maybe I can get to see it in the flesh and even flying when I am over in November. I met Earl in May (Graves) and never got the chance to come up to have a meet and fly. I hope that I can get sorted to do so this next visit. (Yes Pete I'll get some images for ya).

Nice one Gerry but although you have had real bad luck (hurricanes) can we not get to see some more pictures now mate?
sparkinwheels is offline Find More Posts by sparkinwheels
Old Oct 07, 2004, 03:59 PM
Jungmeister 55
Joined Sep 2002
3,453 Posts
Ok,

The build is underway again. Last night I pulled an all nighter (man, I hate to do that, but sometimes there's no choice.. )

Completed the wing panels. Tonight I'll be building the wing center sections to start the wing build up.

For some reason the USB computer port is not detecting my camera so, I haven't been able to download a photo I took of the four panels earlier. Hopefully I'll get this solved soon so I can continue documenting this thread with more photos.

Also, I noticed ArizonaModelAircrafters finally charged my credit card so, the Jungmeister Cowling should be arriving in the mail any time now!!.

More to come.

Gerry.
Old Oct 07, 2004, 09:12 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Ok,

For some reason the USB computer port is not detecting my camera so, I haven't been able to download a photo I took of the four panels earlier. Hopefully I'll get this solved soon so I can continue documenting this thread with more photos.

More to come.

Gerry.
Oh, come on Gerry.....

Didn't you tell me that you had to perform a low level format on your computer hard drive so the Fast Speed Internet can work? You need to load the software and all the drivers again such that the Camera can be recognized when you plug it in the USB port.

Proof is in the Pictures!

Carlos
Old Oct 07, 2004, 11:40 PM
My Soul is High
Fort Payne, AL
Joined Mar 2004
624 Posts
OK Gerry,
If you pulled and "all-nighter" we will have to allow you some
concessions. . . . . err. . . . well . . . . maybe you ment at work.
In that case no concessions will be allowed!
Barry
Old Oct 08, 2004, 06:23 AM
Jungmeister 55
Joined Sep 2002
3,453 Posts
Everybody,

Yes Carlos, it dawned on me last night that the USB driver for the camera needed to be reloaded. Thanks for heads up anyways. Done.

Here's a photo of the finished wing panels with their associated ailerons. This phase of the build was probably the most precise and time consuming of the project so, hopefully things should pick up and progress should be more evident from this point on.

I'm getting ready for work now. Tonight's schedule; make both wings center sections. More to come...

Gerry.
Old Oct 08, 2004, 06:48 AM
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
Gerry,

Looking good buddy! Boy I have an offer for you. Tonight after work, Courtney will be going to Tampa to spend the night with her sister.

So the Waldo Pepper Aeroworks will be taking place at the McCoy Hanger. I can picture it now...plane crap scattered everywhere. the smell of balsa dust and heated plastic fresh in the air. Cold ones in the fridge and in hand with empties scattered about. Discovery Wings mixed with Pink Panther movies playing continously throughout the night. Maybe a power nap here or there. Daylight comes and maybe a welcomed break from the build for a quick 7:00AM trip to the field to socialize and share progress and then back to the build around 9:00AM. Anyway the Bucker wing panels would be a welcomed addition the the Aeroworks factory and the Pitts M12 build. Earl
RealMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by RealMcCoy
Old Oct 08, 2004, 08:40 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Earl,

You crack me up

I could just see you guys with several empty bottles tangled along with scraped covering material all over the tables and floor, plus chips and salsa stains on that RUG that you keep placing your models on!

When Courtney gets back she will find more color on the rug and you can explain it all to her

Gerry,

Super job! Keep it up!
Carlos
Old Oct 08, 2004, 09:38 AM
Jungmeister 55
Joined Sep 2002
3,453 Posts
Yesss...Yesss...we would have to solve zze cccrimmme...yesss...
Old Oct 08, 2004, 06:59 PM
My Soul is High
Fort Payne, AL
Joined Mar 2004
624 Posts
Gerry,
That's looking good. It appears that you have made the wing panels
nice and light.
It seems as if we try to make things as light as possible and then
worry when we start to shrink the covering that everything is going
to warp because we built so lite! A never ending battle.
Barry