HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2006, 04:23 AM
Joined Jun 2005
3 Posts
My Model

Finally managed to get some work done on my model over the december break. Still a few final touches to go, but looking like a flying machine.
wgebers is offline Find More Posts by wgebers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:35 AM
Braunton, North Devon, England
Joined Aug 2000
3,919 Posts
Well Guys

Ive followed this thread since the start and begun to think its just a tad slow Especially when the result of the build will be one of the finest-flying models ever . How do I know that

Well, the Jan 82 edition of RC Modeller published the plan for my 40 span version of the Jungmeister for .20-.25 power. Id been flying the ship for a year or so by then and it was a beauty in flight - stable, sensitive on the controls, and a wonderful aerobat.

Fast forward to Mar 2005, and Chris McHugh from Dundas, Ontario, Canada, sent me a video of his Jungmeister, built from my plans, structurally lightened a tad with a number of improvements, and powered by a Pletti Orbit 20-14, 14x10 APC-E, and 3s 5.5Ah lipos. Current is about 35A he gets 12-15 minute flights. Weight is 60oz, about 4oz lighter than my glow-powered original.

A couple of pics are below, but the icing on the cake is the way it goes, as seen in the video here: http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/show...00&ppuser=1462

Hurry up Simano! Look at what youre missing

Then again, there's what I'm missing - I've been going to design a 1/4 scale e-power version for ages and made no progress, so I have no room to talk and really ought to practice what I preach

Cheers

Gordon
Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Gordon
Old Jan 10, 2006, 04:29 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Gordon,

What a great looking model! It is beautiful!

Yes, I need to apply some more pressure on Gerry...I have offered to cover his model countless times and always decline...I am very good with the iron and covering material as the largest model I have covered to date is the Dynaflite Butter Fly of 99 inch wing span, it was a monster and it turned out pretty good and the owner (co-worker / friend) liked it very much.

Lets see what I can do to keep Gerry focused !
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:25 AM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000

Lets see what I can do to keep Gerry focused !

Maybe you can give it a Female name.....Then maybe he will spend time with it.
dogon1013 is offline Find More Posts by dogon1013
Old Feb 05, 2006, 08:56 AM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,450 Posts
Build resumes!!!

Carlos, Toby, Gordon, Earl...

...and others...thanks for being a positive driving force for me to resume this project. Gordon, you did a terrific job on your Jungmeister!!...I hope when mine's done it will at least look half as good as yours.

Well, after a period of inactivity due to personal developments, I've picked up working on this project.

This weekend I completed the assembly and alignment of the cabane struts. The attachment to the wing is temporary for the photos. The final attachment will take place after the wings are covered.

At this point the fuselage is ready for balsa sheeting on the front as well as the balsa block and shaping for the upper and lower nose area.

Gerry.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
Old Feb 05, 2006, 09:42 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Wonderful Gerry!

Looking great!

Any thoughts on the power system? You need to think of it for your firewall mount setup....AXI 2820/10????

Or one of the new E-Flight Outrunners? Hiperion has come out with some neat Outrunners as well.

I checked a couple of pages back and you cited a little over 3lbs. for total weight but, I don't recall what kind of batteries...

Carlos
Old Feb 05, 2006, 09:43 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Gerry, it looks great. I also got my 6' electric telemaster yesterday. I have the axi 2826-12 for it. Should be awesome when my lipos arrive.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Feb 05, 2006, 06:25 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Come on Gerry....

Lets not quit already.....how about today's progress????

Lets get our Rusty Dusty's in gear!
Old Feb 05, 2006, 07:25 PM
Jungmeister 55
Joined Sep 2002
3,450 Posts
Carlos, Henry...thanks for the comments. I'm back from a beautiful art festival at Mount Dora...it was just the perfect day for it. Anyways, back in my apartment and I'm getting ready to start on the landing gear this evening.

Henry, that Telemaster is going to be quite a sight!!...I was so close to ordering one myself. Glad you got one instead...you and Carlos will be doing some cool formation flying with those two nice big planes!!.

More to come on the build...
Old Feb 05, 2006, 07:28 PM
Jungmeister 55
Joined Sep 2002
3,450 Posts
About the power system, it will definitely be an outrunner. I just like the way it will help simulate the look of the radial engine...plus no gearbox worries. Yes, AXI and E-Flite are on the list of suitable candidates. As far as batteries, I'm sticking to TP 2100's for now...
Old May 19, 2006, 12:03 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Enough playing with GWS foam....and get in gear with finishing this one!
Old May 19, 2006, 04:12 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Well Gerry, Carlos and I are waiting to see this plane maiden. what's the scoop? When can we expect to see it flying?
Old May 19, 2006, 06:01 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo
Well Gerry, Carlos and I are waiting to see this plane maiden. what's the scoop? When can we expect to see it flying?
Yeah Henry......you have the idea......

When, When??? When??????? When??????????
Old May 19, 2006, 09:02 AM
St. James, NY Long Island
Joined Jul 2002
100 Posts
Hi, Is there a 30" version around anywhere? I have the Hobby Lobby kit and it is all built and flown. But I would like to have a smaller one. Ray
Ray Juschkus is offline Find More Posts by Ray Juschkus
Old May 19, 2006, 02:25 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Yeah Henry......you have the idea......

When, When??? When??????? When??????????
Yeah, really Gerry, what's the story? LOL