Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2000
549 Posts
Go for an Ace simple 400:
Easy to get in Oz
cheap to buy
cheap to kit out (sp400 direct drive)
and you can always throw a slimer in it if the e-attempt doesn't work out

I agree an X250 looks great, but the time it makes its way to Oz you'll be up for a lot of money
Grant
schoey is offline Find More Posts by schoey
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2001, 02:54 PM
Novara ,ITALY
Joined Sep 1999
522 Posts
If you're going to learn something new I don't say anything... but if you just wanna HAVE FUN get a Zagi or a Razor. Not that fast but tough and cheap - 400 size.
You may risk to get contaminated by the foamie-disease!
Giacomo is offline Find More Posts by Giacomo
Old Aug 01, 2001, 09:32 PM
Kirkland Wa. usa
Joined Jul 2001
47 Posts
mm14 email me I need to know more about the Miss2 I just bought one Thanks
Quote:
Originally posted by mml4:
Hi Digital! Found myself in the same boat as you. Been flying R/C off and on since the late 1969. I built an X-250 for my 26 year old son when he sugested we should take up the hobby again. Found out my reflexes and eyesight were not what they used to be! Once sorted out with the help of Larry at SR my son could fly the 250 but I needed something more relaxing.The SR cutie was not yet released so I bought a Miss2 from Hobby Lobby after reading the Steve Horney review on the EZONE. Best $109.00 I have ever spent in this hobby!As said by Cruz and a whole lot of other EZONERS this craft is great! The quality of the kit is EXCEPTIONAL and if built stone stock flies with no problems.Very RELAXING-VERY FORGIVING-Provided me with the opportunity to get my confidence back.I am sure there are other fine models to choose from but this is one you should definitely consider if you are in the market for an ARF. This is definitely not an aerobatic model. But you may find as I did that E-flight is a whole new ball of wax as compared to IC. These are much smaller models that are much less forgiving in regards to cg and control throws than wet powered modelers are used to.Iwould suggest you get one trainer type under your belt before you look to performance ships- Theres a lot to learn!

[This message has been edited by mml4 (edited 07-27-2001).]
dano287 is offline Find More Posts by dano287
Old Aug 01, 2001, 09:53 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,160 Posts
http://flydma.com/planes/flea.html http://www.bestrc.com/lasermodels/ai.../lsma5300.html

Look at these...
hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Aug 01, 2001, 10:00 PM
ovid MI USA
Joined May 2000
622 Posts
Zagi, simple cheap fun and durable and easy to fly. I flew glo for 6 years before flying one. Now I fly almost all electric. You can fly it anywhere and bounce it off the local school and not hurt it! They are a ball. Anyone here can vouch for that!---Mike
Superbike is offline Find More Posts by Superbike
Old Nov 04, 2008, 10:52 AM