SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 28, 2004, 04:51 PM
love it or leave it USA
texoma
Joined Sep 2003
65 Posts
help with dragonfly, please!!!

I burned up the main esc in my 3-in-one board today. I turned it over and didn't get the motor shut down in time and the main rotor part of the board started smokin'. well **** i said, I took it off and might be able to solder it back but i need to know what i need to go seperates and how much it will cost me. I still have gryo and tail rotor on the board and it urkes me to have a good gryo and not be able to use it.

love it or leave it USA

GO ARMY
skyscooter is offline Find More Posts by skyscooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2004, 05:39 PM
"Simplify, then add lightness"
Raleigh,NC
Joined Nov 2000
2,701 Posts
To go complete seperates, you will need either a heading hold gyro, or a transmitter with revo mixing. Since your tail motor and gyro still work, you could just get an ESC for the main rotor, and a "Y" cable so you can connect the throttle output from the receiver to both the new ESC and also to the mixer/gyro. Many people do this with brushless controllers so they can keep their mixer/gyro. You could probably repair your current board for less than $2 by just replacing the main motor mosfet. Search the archives for details on either approach.
jeffs555 is offline Find More Posts by jeffs555