SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2002, 11:28 PM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,405 Posts
A new Zagi site is up at www.yourzagi.com

Okay, deep breath here, I believe that I'm finally done enough to open www.yourzagi.com up to the public. Come on in and explore

The entire purpose of the site is to gather as much information as possible, condense it down and put it onto one web site for beginners to peruse. After seeing the same questions asked over and over again, and these were the same questions that I had asked, I felt the best way to give back to the eZone and eveyone else that helped me get started was to return the favor with creating the site.

I intend on keeping this up to date with new links and info that I discover by fooling around. There are lots of links to other Zagi sites and that's how I want to run it. If I find a cool site, or if you know of one including your own, I'll put a link up to it as a reference so other people can find it easily. I've been kicking around the idea of creating an eZone thread reference page that has the thread id's listed on it for quick research.

If you hate it, let me know what you hate. If you like it, feel free to let me know if you feel like it. Comments can be directed either to me here or to yourzagi@yahoo.com

There is still a ton of stuff to be put up and if you check the To Do you'll see what I'm currently working on. I have also set aside a lot of disk space for photographs if anyone would like their Zagi or flying Wing pictures posted there. It's not necessarily limited to Zagi stuff, any flying wing is eligable at the site. Have fun.
mtayl is offline Find More Posts by mtayl
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2002, 11:50 PM
Right here...
Joined Jan 2002
168 Posts
Looks real good so far!!!!
Randy
Ex-Slimedriver is offline Find More Posts by Ex-Slimedriver
Old Feb 03, 2002, 12:06 AM
Denver Co
Joined Oct 2001
269 Posts
Very cool Matt. I'm impressed.

Brian
voyantus is offline Find More Posts by voyantus
Old Feb 03, 2002, 04:11 PM
Pittsburgh PA.
Joined Dec 2001
87 Posts
Great site Matt

Its very useful and looks good too.

Terry W
Terry W is offline Find More Posts by Terry W
Old Feb 03, 2002, 05:20 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,181 Posts
Looks great. You might want to tweak the graphics so that all the pages fit on 800 wide resolution (some pages do, some don't).

Keep up the good work!
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Feb 03, 2002, 05:59 PM
London
Joined Jul 2001
1,034 Posts
I agree, very good looking site and it fulfils the idea for trapping all the zagi know-how on one web
but do you really get 80 mph level flight with the MM! i thought it was around 50.

Peter

Your zagi looks very nice by the way
Peter W is offline Find More Posts by Peter W
Last edited by Peter W; Feb 03, 2002 at 06:02 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 07:48 PM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,405 Posts
Quote:
do you really get 80 mph level flight with the MM! -- Peter
In a very unscientific manner Until I can find a cheap radar gun on eBay we decided to pace off 100 yards and timed it behind my workplace which has a huge field. The average time with something like 5 flights was 2.7 seconds which comes out to 75.68Mph according to our figuring. (fun with precision).

A few times coming out of a steep dive then leveled off before the start of the run, the time was down to below 2.5 seconds which is around 81.82Mph. That's probably cheating though so I should lower the numbers on the page. Take the numbers with a grain of salt considering we didn't have a 100yrd tape measure and had to pace it off.

I don't trust Motocalc that much for speed anymore. It states that with a 7x5 prop and 10x1700 (what I'm running) that I can only get 77.4Mph at this altitude which is 5500ft. Which is close enough I guess I had to do the speed run immediately after launch. If I putzed around a bit, then I didn't stand a chance of that speed, I'm assuming that's from the battery discharging. One of the reasons why I did the 3C project was to stiffen up the wing and see what I could do with different motors.

The poor blue Zagi in the pictures is the one we did the timing on at work. It suffers from fatal Zagi Flap now. I'm just guessing here, but it seems like anytime I get it up to around 60 it starts flapping like crazy. I suppose I could put another spar in it and see if that helps. Nah! I should just get a new one

There is a thread on here somewhere about a guy on the East Coast who seems to routinely get those kinds of speed at sea level. I'll see if I can dig it up, I think it was in the 'stiffen the Zagi wing any further' thread. Maybe it was rparigoris, but I couldn't swear to that.

Oh, I'm shrinking the graphics down to fit on 800. Thanks for the reminder.
Last edited by mtayl; Feb 03, 2002 at 08:34 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 10:30 PM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,405 Posts
Everyone who has sent or posted positive feedback, thanks I wasn't sure if the pages were going to fly or not bad pun intended

An events page has been added for posting foamie events or anything flight related for that matter, Zagi or not. It can be found at http://www.yourzagi.com/events.htm Send an email to yourzagi@yahoo.com if you would like an event posted and I would be happy to oblige.

The entire site has been resized to fit on an 800 wide browser.
Old Feb 03, 2002, 11:25 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,493 Posts
Matt,

Excellent site!

I'll try to get you some pics of my own cobalt Zagi soon.

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Feb 03, 2002, 11:49 PM
Fish & Fly
Tyler, TX USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,406 Posts
Excellent step-by-step instructions with pics on how to replace the brushes in the MM with bearings. Thanks.
DaJudge is offline Find More Posts by DaJudge
Old Feb 04, 2002, 12:15 AM
Eureka, CA
Joined Dec 2001
35 Posts
Great site!
I just wish it had been available before I
built my Zagi!!
Still, much useful information.
Thanks!
-Dave
OH!Zone is offline Find More Posts by OH!Zone
Old Feb 04, 2002, 12:34 AM
Greeting Fellow Flyer's
Cave Creek, Arizona
Joined Jan 2002
203 Posts
Such a beautiful site

Wow its really Nice

Good Job
Kenneth Henius is offline Find More Posts by Kenneth Henius
Old Feb 05, 2002, 08:20 AM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,405 Posts
Since the pages have been getting rather large, I have moved some sections off onto their own pages to decrease overall load time per section. Still lots to finish.

Of course an intermediate email server went down for the weekend as soon as I announced the site. If you have not heard back from me, my apologies and I probably did not receive your email so please resend it if you can.

Many thanks for those who responded with technical clarifications on things that I had wrong. Please keep it coming, this site is for everyone.
Old Feb 06, 2002, 06:47 PM
Pasadena
Joined Oct 2001
343 Posts
Zagi Site

Great Job!!!!!!!!!! If only I had this to look at before I tossed my first Zagi!!!!
Waxer is offline Find More Posts by Waxer
Old Feb 10, 2002, 04:10 PM
Boulder, CO USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,405 Posts
I have rearranged the pages again to help the slower modems and "finished" (it's never finished) the ESC, turns/winds, schottky diode, caps and larger motor pages. Criticism is always welcome and again thanks to all for pointing out the many bonehead mistakes

http://www.yourzagi.com/whatsnew.htm
Last edited by mtayl; Feb 10, 2002 at 04:24 PM.