HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2004, 03:56 PM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,757 Posts
EDFs' welcomed at Ozark Mountain Jet Rally

Brad posted this in the events forum.

I went in 2002 and the event was very accomodating to the 2 EDF pilots that were there . I wouldn't mine going again as I know at least 2 local turbine pilots that will be there. But how about any EDF guys? My only issues were the landing of a bungee model and the comments from 2 turbine pilots which were related to the bungee operation.

I know the landing part can be fixed if we talk to the CD. The comments can't be stopped, I guess my thick skin has grown a bit thinner with age as it would have never bothered me 10 years ago

Anyway, email me or post here and I will try to see if the CD will work with us...actually I know he will .

Check the website....great place to fly!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...68#post2552868
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2004, 06:01 PM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Nov 2002
1,733 Posts
Hi Kevin,
I was hoping to attend this but I have some conflicts in the schedule.

Dan Eaton
eatond is offline Find More Posts by eatond
Old Aug 25, 2004, 07:43 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
How far from St. Louis is this? Looks like fun, and to see the US Worlds Jet Masters Qualifiers, would be worth it in itself Is this the same thing that Matt qualified his F-14 in, or was that a scale comp. ?
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Aug 25, 2004, 07:52 PM
Joined Jan 1997
6,757 Posts
About 50 miles south of STL.
The Jet Masters Qualifiers would be a good reason indeed! I think you meant Chris flying a Matt design . That was a Scale Master Qualifier, I think. The Jet version requires the winner to attend some foreign country to compete . RC Jet International always have decent photos of the Jet Masters.....awesome models! Seeing their stuff makes me want to take up train instead of RC models, I will never be that good
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:41 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Never say Never Mr. Bond ( hehehe Sorry couldn't resist)
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:29 PM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Nov 2002
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Seeing their stuff makes me want to take up train instead of RC models, I will never be that good
Better stick to planes Kevin. You are good at it and there are some folks locally whose trains would make you feel that same way. Might as well stick with what you do well.

Dan Eaton
eatond is offline Find More Posts by eatond
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:09 AM
Rogers AR
Joined Jan 2004
436 Posts
Are they going to have some place grassy for us to land on. I know that if I have to land on a runway very many times, there won't be anything left of my plane!!

Darrell B.
BandDButton is offline Find More Posts by BandDButton
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:17 AM
Joined Jan 1997
6,757 Posts
I will check Darrell and post it here.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:27 AM
Rogers AR
Joined Jan 2004
436 Posts
Kevin,

Thanks! This event is just close enough that we could make a weekend out of it.

Darrell B.
BandDButton is offline Find More Posts by BandDButton
Old Aug 28, 2004, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 1997
6,757 Posts
Darrell I just got an email. The layout has changed from the last time I was there. This new change allows for grass operation if needed. Also if you plan on getting a hotel room he had the following suggestions;

"If you or any of the other pilots you mention are planning to stay overnight in Sullivan and need hotel rooms, they have to be reserved before September 1st! The rooms I have blocked for OMJ go away then because there is a large dog show in Sullivan the same weekend and the hotels won't hold the rooms any longer. There are rooms blocked at the Baymont and at the Super8. Be sure to tell them you want one or more of the rooms reserved for the jet event."

I'm ready to go now. The Jet Masters Qualifier should yield even more highly detailed and expertly flown models to look at.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 1997
6,757 Posts
The leg portion of my landing gear (below the knee or knuckle) needs a total redesign. I originally thought a couple of flat spots would fix it but that isn't the case. I will pull an all nighter trying to install the new legs so I don't know if I will make it out tomorrow.