Canada
Joined Mar 2004
689 Posts
Question
Looking for more planes for Charles River RC Simulator

I would like to have more .air files for the CRRC Simulator

Found some here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crrcsim/

If anyone has a website URL please post it so I can fly Cape Cod !

Cheers
PLANE FREAK is offline Find More Posts by PLANE FREAK
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2004, 09:16 PM
Got CAD ?
Canada
Joined Mar 2004
689 Posts
Any news ?
PLANE FREAK is offline Find More Posts by PLANE FREAK
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:07 AM
R U killing the kittens?
Chaos, UC
Joined Jun 2003
1,585 Posts
you know it's kinda sad....CRRSIM and Slope soaring simulator are great programs...but not a lot of people are mod'ing them, or offering differnt planes.....

it's probalby because you need 3Dmax to edit the planes...and thats a big investment.

My favorite sim is SSS....I love to slope and it is great for those winter days when you wish you could be there, but cant because the weather wont permit it.

I also appeal to the masses.

lets get these programs hopped up !!!
artmonster is offline Find More Posts by artmonster
Old Sep 15, 2004, 07:54 PM
Got shenpa?
Los Angeles
Joined May 2004
10,940 Posts
PlaneFreak, Artmonster, I just recently discovered CRRCSIM (I use Linux on all my PC's, so its a godsend).

Never having heard of 3DMax, I copied one of the .air files and started editing with a text editor. I was able to make a number of changes - colors, fuselage cross section from square to circle, positions of bulkheads, weight, thrust, removed the turtledeck , etc, etc. I also failed dismally at changing some other things - I would like to change the planform of the tail and wingtips, but have not been able to figure out what some of the numbers mean. I also failed at figuring out how to change the CG. Despite those failures, the plane I ended up with flies quite differently than the original one, and looks somewhat different. I don't have my modded file with me now...I'm at work...but if I remember I'll post it later.

Maybe we can combine our ideas and simply figure out how to edit the .air files with a text editor?? I made a good start in a few hours, though there is a lot left to understand.

-Flieslikeabeagle
flieslikeabeagle is offline Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle