HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:25 PM
Frisco, Texas
Joined Dec 2003
38 Posts
World Models Miss America P51 80" WS

I just picked up a World Models Miss America P51 w/the 80" WS.

It came w/o an engine (it was formally flown w/a Saito 180) and I'm debating on the powerplant.

I just picked up a Kawasaki 50cc airplane engine and was considering installing it.
It is huge and probably too big & heavy. To install it it will probaly entail having very little of the cowl left not to mention the prop would be a couple of inches further foward than the original is intended.

What do you think?

I can't swing the pricetag on a Saito 180.

Should I trade it with someone for a smaller motor?

Anyone have any desire to trade?

Let me know if there are any reviews on this model I can read

Thank you for your help on this matter.

Eric Gold
overpowered is offline Find More Posts by overpowered
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:09 PM
Frisco, Texas
Joined Dec 2003
38 Posts
Wing loading???

I just weighed what I have (Plane, spinner, gear, expected radio gear, etc) - I have 10.5 LBs w/o the engine

Plans target 15lbs with the 1155 sq in wing area, that would be 30 oz/sq ft loading that will take a 4.5 Lb powerplant.

My 50 cc tops the scales at 8 lb 10 oz that would bring the all out weight to about 19.5 lbs or a wing loading of 39 oz/sq ft. Thats if I can avoid putting lead in theback by moving everything as far aft as possible - all tail servos, Rx, Battery, etc

What do you think?

Thanks
Eric
overpowered is offline Find More Posts by overpowered
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:52 PM
Suspended Account
Country Rds.
Joined Sep 2003
1,827 Posts
I think you need a larger wing

Too much motor, overpowered.
Not the power, but the weight. I think you would be much happier with something smaller.
Steve Guinn is offline Find More Posts by Steve Guinn
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:57 PM
Suspended Account
Country Rds.
Joined Sep 2003
1,827 Posts
P.S.

Put that Kaw on a floater.
Steve Guinn is offline Find More Posts by Steve Guinn