HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:54 AM
Joined Aug 2004
78 Posts
Rant
darn...my my kokam li-poly battery does not fit in my li-poly charger

i went to my local hobby shop and picked up a gws e-starter,i knew wat i had to get but after i got home and opened my new kokam li-poly battery and li-poly charger i was very displeased about finding that it doesnt fit... the 2-cell kokam battery's connector is huge and weird shaped compared to my charger.....PLEASE<PLEASE HELP ME!!!
kahuna_socom is offline Find More Posts by kahuna_socom
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:56 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
You need an adapter, or to change the connector on the charger.
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Aug 22, 2004, 08:59 AM
Joined Aug 2004
78 Posts
my charger came with an adaptor but that doesnt fit either...wat kind of adaptor would u sugest?
kahuna_socom is offline Find More Posts by kahuna_socom
Old Aug 22, 2004, 09:37 AM
Professional Tinkerer
Bloomington Monroe Cty, Indiana, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
Deans ultra http://www.unipros.com/cbpsite/produ...sion_id=110931
rickyblaze is offline Find More Posts by rickyblaze
Old Aug 22, 2004, 05:42 PM
Aerobatic Extremist
United States of America For Which We Stand!
Joined Jan 2004
1,346 Posts
There are a myriad of connectors you can use, but like Ricky above, I would suggest a Deans Ultra. Alot of guys use these. They are good up to about 40 amps, and you can standardize all of your connectors so they match. I would suggest cutting off the connectors and replacing them with the deans.

A few words of catiion first though...

Be very careful not to touch the battery ground and hot wire together. Shorting a Li-Po can cause damage and/or a fire. The best thing to do is to cut the hot wire off first and them cover it with something like heat shrink or electrical tape. Next, cut the ground lead off, and then go ahead and solder it to the connector. After than you can undo the covering from the hot lead and solder it on. Be sure to slide heat shrink over the wires before soldering! hehe

Always! ALWAYS use a ***female*** plug for the battery, and a male lead for the ESC and charger. This is a safety issue. If you have male plugs sticking out of a battey it can easily be shorted.

I noticed you said "E-Starter Kit" so I wanted to make sure I covered all of the bases here in case you are new. If you need any further help, please ask. If you have not read up on Li-Po use please be sure to read the sticky at the top of the battery forum on how to handle Li-Po's. If you are brand new to R/C aircraft you may want to get you a NiCd or NiMh to start out with as Li-Po's can catch fire in hard crashes and are not recomended for the early beginner.

Hope this helps you.
SharksTooth is offline Find More Posts by SharksTooth