HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
 
Thread Tools
Old Aug 22, 2004, 02:11 AM
The_Atomic_punk
Guest
n/a Posts
WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

What the hell? Just a few years back there was dozens of posts daily!
With the advent of many new vehicles on the market one would assume
that this newsgroup would thrive? Are newsgroups dead? Are the message
boards killing the usenet? The area i live in now,no ISP's offer any
nntp newsgroup support.
Wow! anyone know the hot dicussion groups on RC theses days? Let me
and this once was newsgroup in on it!

OH! and here is a plug on my page!

It has my own personal favorite R/C vehicles on it(In the the big R/C
pic just click on the vehicle you want to see pics and read about it
and see more pics)Hell maybe you will learn something. Check out the
rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest. My personal
best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
just click my rail in the big R/C photo)

there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)

http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html

So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!

ATOM(the superhero)
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:11 AM
kenji
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

In article <2219887.0408212308.6ef19cdc@posting.google.com> ,
proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote:

> Wow! anyone know the hot dicussion groups on RC theses days? Let me
> and this once was newsgroup in on it!



To name a few:

www.rctech.net click on the forums link

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1

www.radiocontrolzone.com

http://techtalk.teamtrinity.com

www.beatyourtruck.com

www.savage-central.com

www.wildhobbies.com

www.rc10b4.com

Also from groups.google.com:

june 2000- june 2001 = about 128,000 threads in rec.models.rc.land

june 2003- june 2004 = about 7,470 threads in rec.models.rc.land
Old Aug 22, 2004, 10:11 PM
M78Ultra
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you have
it in some form for computer viewing.

"The_Atomic_punk" <proob4@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:2219887.0408212308.6ef19cdc@posting.google.co m...
> What the hell? Just a few years back there was dozens of posts daily!
> With the advent of many new vehicles on the market one would assume
> that this newsgroup would thrive? Are newsgroups dead? Are the message
> boards killing the usenet? The area i live in now,no ISP's offer any
> nntp newsgroup support.
> Wow! anyone know the hot dicussion groups on RC theses days? Let me
> and this once was newsgroup in on it!
>
> OH! and here is a plug on my page!
>
> It has my own personal favorite R/C vehicles on it(In the the big R/C
> pic just click on the vehicle you want to see pics and read about it
> and see more pics)Hell maybe you will learn something. Check out the
> rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest. My personal
> best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
> currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
> story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
> just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
>
> there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
>
> http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
>
> So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
>
> ATOM(the superhero)



Old Aug 23, 2004, 02:11 AM
The_Atomic_punk
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

"M78Ultra" <M78Ultra@REMOVEtriad.rr.com> wrote in message news:<lBcWc.4624$eu1.138298@twister.southeast.rr.c om>...
> I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you have
> it in some form for computer viewing.
>
> "The_Atomic_punk" <proob4@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:2219887.0408212308.6ef19cdc@posting.google.co m...
> > What the hell? Just a few years back there was dozens of posts daily!
> > With the advent of many new vehicles on the market one would assume
> > that this newsgroup would thrive? Are newsgroups dead? Are the message
> > boards killing the usenet? The area i live in now,no ISP's offer any
> > nntp newsgroup support.
> > Wow! anyone know the hot dicussion groups on RC theses days? Let me
> > and this once was newsgroup in on it!
> >
> > OH! and here is a plug on my page!
> >
> > It has my own personal favorite R/C vehicles on it(In the the big R/C
> > pic just click on the vehicle you want to see pics and read about it
> > and see more pics)Hell maybe you will learn something. Check out the
> > rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest. My personal
> > best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
> > currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
> > story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
> > just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
> >
> > there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
> >
> > So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
> >
> > ATOM(the superhero)


I wish i had a way to make a mpeg.It was filmed on compact VHS and a
while back i checked into video programs and cards for PC, but they
where exspensive!
Old Aug 23, 2004, 08:11 AM
Justin Mahn
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

This is aside from the main subject of RC, but I just bought a TV-Wonder Pro
from ATI at Best Buy for $70, and it captures MPEG2 and MPEG1 very nicely.

--
Justin Mahn
remove Panties to e-mail


"The_Atomic_punk" <proob4@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:2219887.0408222307.7b0b1b9f@posting.google.co m...
> "M78Ultra" <M78Ultra@REMOVEtriad.rr.com> wrote in message

news:<lBcWc.4624$eu1.138298@twister.southeast.rr.c om>...
> > I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you

have
> > it in some form for computer viewing.
> >
> > "The_Atomic_punk" <proob4@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:2219887.0408212308.6ef19cdc@posting.google.co m...
> > > What the hell? Just a few years back there was dozens of posts daily!
> > > With the advent of many new vehicles on the market one would assume
> > > that this newsgroup would thrive? Are newsgroups dead? Are the message
> > > boards killing the usenet? The area i live in now,no ISP's offer any
> > > nntp newsgroup support.
> > > Wow! anyone know the hot dicussion groups on RC theses days? Let me
> > > and this once was newsgroup in on it!
> > >
> > > OH! and here is a plug on my page!
> > >
> > > It has my own personal favorite R/C vehicles on it(In the the big R/C
> > > pic just click on the vehicle you want to see pics and read about it
> > > and see more pics)Hell maybe you will learn something. Check out the
> > > rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest. My personal
> > > best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
> > > currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
> > > story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
> > > just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
> > >
> > > there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
> > >
> > > http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
> > >
> > > So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
> > >
> > > ATOM(the superhero)

>
> I wish i had a way to make a mpeg.It was filmed on compact VHS and a
> while back i checked into video programs and cards for PC, but they
> where exspensive!



Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:11 AM
burntkat@hotmail.com
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote in message news:<2219887.0408222307.7b0b1b9f@posting.google.c om>...
> "M78Ultra" <M78Ultra@REMOVEtriad.rr.com> wrote in message news:<lBcWc.4624$eu1.138298@twister.southeast.rr.c om>...
> > I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you have
> > it in some form for computer viewing.

> I wish i had a way to make a mpeg.It was filmed on compact VHS and a
> while back i checked into video programs and cards for PC, but they
> where exspensive!


$80 is expensive? Get the dazzle kit-- at Circuit City/ Best Buy, etc.
Plugs in to the cam like a TV, and comes with editing software.....
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:11 PM
The_Atomic_punk
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

burntkat@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<cd7b2990.0408250548.1e098e2c@posting.google. com>...
> proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote in message news:<2219887.0408222307.7b0b1b9f@posting.google.c om>...
> > "M78Ultra" <M78Ultra@REMOVEtriad.rr.com> wrote in message news:<lBcWc.4624$eu1.138298@twister.southeast.rr.c om>...
> > > I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you have
> > > it in some form for computer viewing.

> > I wish i had a way to make a mpeg.It was filmed on compact VHS and a
> > while back i checked into video programs and cards for PC, but they
> > where exspensive!

>
> $80 is expensive? Get the dazzle kit-- at Circuit City/ Best Buy, etc.
> Plugs in to the cam like a TV, and comes with editing software.....


$80 $50 even $10 is exspensive for me right now. I am unfortunately
between job at present.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:11 AM
sbb78247
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

M78Ultra wrote:
> I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if
> you have it in some form for computer viewing.
>

<snip>

Yes, I would like to see this too. What kind of surface are you running on?
Prepped? Parking lot? flat out top end run or scale track? I have seen
cars with much more serious hardware than this only turn 70-87 mph in the
scale quarter mile (132').

S


Old Aug 27, 2004, 06:11 PM
Divrdan007
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

>Subject: Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?
>From: "The_Atomic_punk"


>>Check out the
>> rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest.



Ahem... I thought you were in MIchigan.


>My personal
>> best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
>> currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
>> story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
>> just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
>>
>> there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
>>
>> So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
>>
>> ATOM(the superhero)


>From: "M78Ultra"
>I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you have
>it in some form for computer viewing.


Well, you said it a little nicer than I will....

(But we're STILL saying the SAME thing)

BullShit... PROVE it.



Old Aug 27, 2004, 08:11 PM
The_Atomic_punk
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

"sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ogFXc.13675$qK3.1286@newssvr22.news.prodigy. com>...
> M78Ultra wrote:
> > I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if
> > you have it in some form for computer viewing.
> >

> <snip>
>
> Yes, I would like to see this too. What kind of surface are you running on?
> Prepped? Parking lot? flat out top end run or scale track? I have seen
> cars with much more serious hardware than this only turn 70-87 mph in the
> scale quarter mile (132').
>
> S


Well i run on a school parking lot that has been freshly
repaved(smooth real smooth)I also use spray on adhesive(by 3m)for
awesome traction.What i actually do is one great big oval and really
punch it into the apex of the 3rd turn. This is where my speedtrap is
setup. I have not marked off a scale 1/4 yet. To be honest i dont know
if it would do good considering the tall gear ratio.It is geared
really for top end speed.If you read the webpage about my dragster it
explains my gearing choice.

I do beleive the fact that porting a TRX.15 drastically increases its
capabilities.(for porting
goto)http://www.nitrorc.com/mods/engines/trx15mod.html beleive me i
went through many TRX.15 blocks There are so many so cheap to buy.But
instead of using the dremmel tool i used a small drill press and a
milling vice.

Once again to see the story on my drasters gearing click directly on
the draster in the big rc photo on my webpage. Below is the link.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 04:11 AM
The_Atomic_punk
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

divrdan007@aol.com (Divrdan007) wrote in message news:<20040827182551.19243.00004012@mb-m04.aol.com>...
> >Subject: Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?
> >From: "The_Atomic_punk"

>
> >>Check out the
> >> rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest.

>
>
> Ahem... I thought you were in MIchigan.
>
>
> >My personal
> >> best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
> >> currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
> >> story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
> >> just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
> >>
> >> there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
> >>

Divrdan long time? Yea did you not also live in mich?detoit? invite me
in the past to some track? a couple years ago getting beat up by BK
and Burntcat?
Yea i think i met U personally @ Larry's PRC? I am wrong but UR the
dude in the cable rc truck pull show right and is familiar with R/C
nitrozone in brighton mi?

POST!
> >> http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
> >>
> >> So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
> >>
> >> ATOM(the superhero)

>
> >From: "M78Ultra"
> >I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you have
> >it in some form for computer viewing.

>
> Well, you said it a little nicer than I will....
>
> (But we're STILL saying the SAME thing)
>
> BullShit... PROVE it.

Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:11 AM
The_Atomic_punk
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote in message news:<2219887.0408272347.6b0faa7c@posting.google.c om>...
> divrdan007@aol.com (Divrdan007) wrote in message news:<20040827182551.19243.00004012@mb-m04.aol.com>...
> > >Subject: Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?
> > >From: "The_Atomic_punk"

>
> > >>Check out the
> > >> rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest.

> >
> >
> > Ahem... I thought you were in MIchigan.
> >
> >
> > >My personal
> > >> best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
> > >> currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
> > >> story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
> > >> just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
> > >>
> > >> there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
> > >>

> Divrdan long time? Yea did you not also live in mich?detoit? invite me
> in the past to some track? a couple years ago getting beat up by BK
> and Burntcat?
> Yea i think i met U personally @ Larry's PRC? I am wrong but UR the
> dude in the cable rc truck pull show right and is familiar with R/C
> nitrozone in brighton mi?
>
> POST!
> > >> http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
> > >>
> > >> So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
> > >>
> > >> ATOM(the superhero)

>
> > >From: "M78Ultra"
> > >I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you have
> > >it in some form for computer viewing.

> >
> > Well, you said it a little nicer than I will....
> >
> > (But we're STILL saying the SAME thing)
> >
> > BullShit... PROVE it.


No BS! Obviously you are ignorant to gearing ratio's and simple
math.And probably did not read my gearing ratio and setup along with
tire diameter and rpm range.The dragster in this link are setup for
scale 1/4 mile and they are up to 77+ mph and thats 132 feet.I am
close to 200 feet before i even hit 100 mph.

http://www.nrcda.com/Track%20Records.htm
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:11 AM
kenji
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

In article <2219887.0408301957.78bdf9ae@posting.google.com> ,
proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote:

> proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote in message
> news:<2219887.0408272347.6b0faa7c@posting.google.c om>...
> > divrdan007@aol.com (Divrdan007) wrote in message
> > news:<20040827182551.19243.00004012@mb-m04.aol.com>...
> > > >Subject: Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?
> > > >From: "The_Atomic_punk"

> >
> > > >>Check out the
> > > >> rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest.
> > >
> > >
> > > Ahem... I thought you were in MIchigan.
> > >
> > >
> > > >My personal
> > > >> best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
> > > >> currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
> > > >> story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
> > > >> just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
> > > >>
> > > >> there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
> > > >>

> > Divrdan long time? Yea did you not also live in mich?detoit? invite me
> > in the past to some track? a couple years ago getting beat up by BK
> > and Burntcat?
> > Yea i think i met U personally @ Larry's PRC? I am wrong but UR the
> > dude in the cable rc truck pull show right and is familiar with R/C
> > nitrozone in brighton mi?
> >
> > POST!
> > > >> http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
> > > >>
> > > >> So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
> > > >>
> > > >> ATOM(the superhero)

> >
> > > >From: "M78Ultra"
> > > >I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you
> > > >have
> > > >it in some form for computer viewing.
> > >
> > > Well, you said it a little nicer than I will....
> > >
> > > (But we're STILL saying the SAME thing)
> > >
> > > BullShit... PROVE it.

>
> No BS! Obviously you are ignorant to gearing ratio's and simple
> math.And probably did not read my gearing ratio and setup along with
> tire diameter and rpm range.The dragster in this link are setup for
> scale 1/4 mile and they are up to 77+ mph and thats 132 feet.I am
> close to 200 feet before i even hit 100 mph.
>
> http://www.nrcda.com/Track%20Records.htm


Ummmmmm...why not just get a real radar detector and use it?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 06:11 PM
The_Atomic_punk
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

kenji <kenji@ripco.com> wrote in message news:<kenji-48C011.23425130082004@news.ftupet.com>...
> In article <2219887.0408301957.78bdf9ae@posting.google.com> ,
> proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote:
>
> > proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk) wrote in message
> > news:<2219887.0408272347.6b0faa7c@posting.google.c om>...
> > > divrdan007@aol.com (Divrdan007) wrote in message
> > > news:<20040827182551.19243.00004012@mb-m04.aol.com>...
> > > > >Subject: Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?
> > > > >From: "The_Atomic_punk"

>
> > > > >>Check out the
> > > > >> rail i beleive it to be the fastest R/C in the northwest.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Ahem... I thought you were in MIchigan.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > >My personal
> > > > >> best speed was 114 mph yes 114 mph(i have video confirmation and am
> > > > >> currently in correspondence with Guiness about the feat) read the
> > > > >> story and how i acheived and record my speeds (To see dragster page
> > > > >> just click my rail in the big R/C photo)
> > > > >>
> > > > >> there is also my email and other personal interests.(have fun!)
> > > > >>
> > > Divrdan long time? Yea did you not also live in mich?detoit? invite me
> > > in the past to some track? a couple years ago getting beat up by BK
> > > and Burntcat?
> > > Yea i think i met U personally @ Larry's PRC? I am wrong but UR the
> > > dude in the cable rc truck pull show right and is familiar with R/C
> > > nitrozone in brighton mi?
> > >
> > > POST!
> > > > >> http://www.geocities.com/proob4/bobspage.html
> > > > >>
> > > > >> So come on group! Lets ROCK this group!
> > > > >>
> > > > >> ATOM(the superhero)

>
> > > > >From: "M78Ultra"
> > > > >I would like to see the footage (video confirmation) of the Rail if you
> > > > >have
> > > > >it in some form for computer viewing.
> > > >
> > > > Well, you said it a little nicer than I will....
> > > >
> > > > (But we're STILL saying the SAME thing)
> > > >
> > > > BullShit... PROVE it.

> >
> > No BS! Obviously you are ignorant to gearing ratio's and simple
> > math.And probably did not read my gearing ratio and setup along with
> > tire diameter and rpm range.The dragster in this link are setup for
> > scale 1/4 mile and they are up to 77+ mph and thats 132 feet.I am
> > close to 200 feet before i even hit 100 mph.
> >
> > http://www.nrcda.com/Track%20Records.htm

>
> Ummmmmm...why not just get a real radar detector and use it?


Ummmmmm! that what my speed check is!And it is accurate thank you.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:11 PM
Divrdan007
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?

>Subject: Re: WHAT? Happened in rec.models.rc.land ?
>From: proob4@yahoo.com (The_Atomic_punk)


> No BS!


Then you should be able to prove it.
You said you were in Correspondence with the Guiness Book of Records. (LMFAO)
Do you think THEY are going to take your WORD on it?
THEY are famous for saying.... "BullShit, Prove It"

>Obviously you are ignorant to gearing ratio's and simple
>math.


I didn't realize I had to posess MATH skills to watch your video.
(You DO have a video don't you?)

>And probably did not read my gearing ratio and setup along with
>tire diameter and rpm range.


AAAHHhhh, Now I get it.
You sat down with your calculater, and crunched a bunch of numbers, using your
gear ratio, tire diameter, and the "advertised" rpm claims on your engine.
Well sir... you can crunch numbers all day long and your CALCULATOR will NOT
make that RC car go 114 mph.
NOR by the way, will that cheezy Traxxas engine that is over two years
outdated.
The new TRX 2.5 has almost twice the HP of your TRX Pro.
(I wouldn't beleive you acheived 114mph with one of those either.)
But hey bud, What I think is really unimportant.
You said you did it.
You said you have proof.
You said you contacted the Guiness people.
All I'm asking for... is the same thing the Guiness people will be asking
for.... PROOF.
So post a BELEIVABLE video, (with an unbiased onlooker) or shut up.
Trust me, the Guiness people will have much stricter criteria for proving your
claims.
Videos can be fixed to show anything you want.
Heck, I don't live far, call me in as a witness.
IF you acheive 114mph with that dragster (as pictured).........
I will humbly apologize, and post the results here myself.
Additionally, I will VIDEO the event DIGITALLY, and make the video available to
any who may be interested.


>The dragster in this link are setup for
>scale 1/4 mile and they are up to 77+ mph and thats 132 feet.I am
>close to 200 feet before i even hit 100 mph.


Yes I saw that.
I have been to many an RC Drag event.
Let me tell you, at 132 feet, those little engines (way more powerful than
yours) are at their virtual peak.
YOU are claiming that yours got an extra 37 mph over them.
I ask again.......
Proove it.


 


Thread Tools