HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2002, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2001
37 Posts
Global's Focke Wulf FW-190 ARF - electric conversion.

I just started this new thread in an attempt to gather more comments for this specific airplane, and see if any one has any comments on this airplane and it's conversion to electric.

The ARF is distributed by Global, can be found at:

http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/126528.htm

As a reference I have posted some comments in an earlier thread for the Jamara's FW190. (which is supposed to be similar) can be found at:
http://216.40.226.212/~admin2/forums...7&pagenumber=2

Another issue I've found is that is kind of difficult to ROG, even when I have upgraded the original tiny wheels for bigger and ligther ones and a stronger piano wire 3/8" I found that it has a tendency to dive-in on ROG, my runway is not perfectly smoth either...

THanks for your comments.
sontiveros is offline Find More Posts by sontiveros
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2002, 12:09 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,451 Posts
Funny I just receive this plane ( Jamara ) And I order for power the Jeti 15/4 .And I will catapult the beast . Maybe why can fly togheter @ the Ottawa fun fly June 8
bidule is offline Find More Posts by bidule
Old Feb 04, 2002, 11:24 AM
Joined Nov 2001
37 Posts
nice !

Quote:
Originally posted by bidule
Funny I just receive this plane ( Jamara ) And I order for power the Jeti 15/4 .And I will catapult the beast . Maybe why can fly togheter @ the Ottawa fun fly June 8
Nice to know someone else in the area has the same bird !
Do you actually live in Ottawa ?? I'm in the East end.
Let me know what are your impressions after your first flight...and during it's construction.
What do you think of this model ?? pretty heavy ehh? and very solid too, I had a few "hard" landings (and take offs) and still in one piece, kind of unbreakable...like the movie.

Not sure if I'll be in town in June I'll let you know.

Enjoy finishing this bird !
Old Feb 24, 2002, 06:52 PM
I just want to fly.
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
NEW Global Focke Wulf FW-190 ARF

Well Hodwy,

I just picked up this plane from Hobby People. They had it on sale for only 49$. I always wanted a WWII Bird, and this one was 1. Already Covered (Very Important cause i suck at covering) 2. Ready for Electric (Also very important, cause I only fly electric...at least so far) 3. Cheap!!!...(the most important factor in my decision) Now, fellow E-zoners....Could you give me any pointers about construction/weight/anything? I appreciate it....Thank you for responding.
sapok is offline Find More Posts by sapok
Old Feb 24, 2002, 10:29 PM
I just want to fly.
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
Well after reading all posts on the E-zone, i came up with a question. Has anybody tried the Strontium Motors from hobby lobby?

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/strontium.htm

they seem to put out enough power to make the beast fly, and seem more inexpensive then a brushless setup....what do u think?
Old Feb 24, 2002, 11:02 PM
I just want to fly.
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
HELP.....

or what about Mega brushless motor/Jeti controller???

http://www.modelairtech.com/combos.html

to much power???..u know what Tim "the toolman" Taylor would say about power....
AAHHAAHHAHHAHHAHH!!!!

Not to bad prices..conserding u get a speed controller, gearbox, and a brushless motor....

Old Sep 01, 2002, 01:22 PM
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
1,945 Posts
worth the trouble??

Hey foks, found one of these at my local hobby shop cheap and am considerning the conversion . .

have you had any luck with the plane??

what motor and battery set up have you tried and how is the wing loading?

Phil
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3
Old Sep 03, 2002, 06:40 PM
Joined Nov 2001
37 Posts
FW190

Hi PVal,

I guess it depeneds on how much are you paying for this plane, I saw in a earlier thread someone payed about 50 or less.

I do not consider myself an experienced but a more intermediate flyer with some low wing experience.
At some point and during several weeks and failed attemps to make it fly I felt dissapointed about this one, but I'm very satisfied after I got the right combo, see thread below

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=29521

Something I really like about this plane is that is really hard to break, mine had a few crashes that will leave a bag of balsa wood for other planes but not this one, even with all the inertia from those 1,9Lbs
I also learned not to glue very strongly the plywood that is used to attach the wing to the fuselage, this is your insurance in case of a crash. Mine I just put enough epoxy to leave firm but not rock solid. If I crash it wing nor fuselage will suffer.

Not sure about the exact wingloading but it's kind of a gliding rock unless it has sufficient airspeed, again no slow flyer by any means.

Sergio
Old Sep 03, 2002, 07:47 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
The Jamara FW-190 ARF
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley