HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2002, 07:53 AM
Loveland, OH, USA
Joined Dec 1996
16 Posts
Brushless setup for use in BOTH logo10 & eLMH

I currently have an eLMH with a brushed setup. I am considering upgrading i the next 6 months to a logo 10/brushless. With this in mind I would like to know if there is a brushless setup that is suited to the logo that COULD be used on the eLMH initially. Obviously the size and weight of the two helis are quite different and the eLMH setup would be compromise, but is it possible?

My main objective is not to spend ~$300 on a motor/controller and then buy a logo and have to buy another brushless set-up. Iguess one other alternative is to buy a correctly sized motor for the eLMH and a controller that could be used for either this motor or the logo10 motor. I would then only have to buy/upgrade the motor and not the controller.

Anyone have ideas on this?

Jon.
Jon Andrews is offline Find More Posts by Jon Andrews
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2002, 08:30 AM
Deutschland, Baden-Württemberg, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined Dec 2001
922 Posts
Hmmmmm,.....

if you would fly in the E-LMH with 10 batteries, there could be a chance....the motor would be a bit oversized for the LMH....whats the possible gearing rates in a ELMH? Or is it the Corona LMH? Do you want to fly with 10, 12 or 14 batteries in the Logo10?
Motormike is offline Find More Posts by Motormike
Last edited by Motormike; Jan 31, 2002 at 08:47 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2002, 11:21 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,461 Posts
Or even 12 CP-1300's on the LMH which is about the same weight as 7 2400's. The problem is you need a 5mm shaft motor for the Logo and the LMH pinions that are easily available are I think - 32 pitch with an 1/8" hole. You can get 32 pitch gears with a 5mm hole from www.stockdriveproducts.com but they are somewhat expensive. I happen to have a few I could be talked in to selling in the range of 18-24 teeth, I may even have a 16 tooth but I'd need to look.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Jan 31, 2002, 01:57 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
I think you have 2 choices. Stay with brush motors, save up and just live with it or get a 10102Y/ D35H brushless setup and do it right. Enjoy the heli and maybe sell it and stand a better chance of getting some of your money back. I suggest that if you do go brushless and get your LMH right, KEEP IT. Alot of us have our Ecos,Voyagers,Logos as our primary high tech,fiddle alot,money eating rockets. But also a LMH/Corona as our low stress,kick up some dust,chop some flowers,built like a brick heli.
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM