HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2004, 04:37 PM
Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
119 Posts
Question
topmodelscz navaho... does anyone know anything about this one?

I'm looking for a small and fun glider for some acrobatic flying in the park.

criterias are:
1. ARF - dont have the time to energy to build another one from sticks and straws right now. (building a multiplex ASW27B already)
2. small, around 90-150cm wingspan (got to fit in my car )
3. brushless setup using 7.4V 1200mAh Etec Lipo (have the cells for my heli)
4. MUST HAVE AILERONS!!!

thats about it.
so what do you all think is the navaho the right one or is there a better one out there that i dont know about?

http://www.topmodelcz.cz/letadla/navaho/navaho_a.htm
Trekki is offline Find More Posts by Trekki
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2004, 06:09 PM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
Well, here is a review about the plane:
http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4193

I like the plane alot. It is very transportable and thermals quite well all things considered.

Suggested changes I would make from stock:

- Go brushless and swing a big prop. In the review I use a Mega 16/15/7 swinging a 9x5 on 8x2/3A cells and it works quite well. One of these days I may even try a 10x5 or something along those lines.

- Reinforce the pod-to-tail boom attachment. The instructions call for simply gluing them together. I would suggest that you also add a piece of fiberglass around that joint.

- Add some contrast to the wings. I have the green one shown in the review and it can be hard to see when it gets specked out. Some contrast or sky-sheen material or something is strongly recommended. That said, being the lazy bum that I am, I have yet to do anything along those lines since I can generally pick up the white band across the top leading edge even at height. But, my eyes do start to get tired after a while and I generally limit how high I'll let the plane go.

Hope this helps,

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Old Aug 17, 2004, 03:59 AM
Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
119 Posts
Thanks Mitch!
great build review, looks like the navaho will fit me perfectly.

// Claes
Trekki is offline Find More Posts by Trekki