Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 16, 2004, 02:37 PM
Los Angeles California
Joined Jul 2004
249 Posts
Cool
Raidentech Preserver VS. Raidentech Super sonic.

Wich is better, I have heard they are both real good for their size and their price ($25.00)

Preserver

OR

Super Sonic

Thanks
MINI PLANES ARE COOL!
_mIKE
CheckMail is offline Find More Posts by CheckMail
Last edited by CheckMail; Aug 17, 2004 at 03:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2004, 03:09 PM
Wonder bread
USA washington
Joined Mar 2004
17 Posts
It would seem that the preserver would be more stable. it is also about 3 1/2 inches shorter than the super sonic. If I wanted to modify a plane though I would pick the super sonic because it seems easier to add aleron or elevator control.
theoneinventor is offline Find More Posts by theoneinventor
Old Aug 16, 2004, 03:36 PM
Stuck on a rock
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
5,754 Posts
theoneinventor, how do you make the Preserver out to be more stable than the Super Sonic just based on length? Have you actually flown any of these models? Don't give out advice unless you know what you are talking about.

The model with the lowest wingloading is likely to be the easiest to fly.

Michael
epilot is offline Find More Posts by epilot
Old Aug 16, 2004, 05:34 PM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Orebro, Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
3,155 Posts
Not much of a comparative recomendation, I know. But Iīll give you what Iīve got:
The preserver is sold under at least one other name here in Europe (for the life of me I canīt remember the name, or the brand under which it is sold).
For what itīs worth, this plane does fly. Iīd even dare to say that for such a small RTF thrustcontrolled plane it flies pretty darn good! Itīs still a toy and thus very limited in what it will do, but itīs a toy that can amuse even an adult R/C-pilot as a diversion. If you take it for what it is, and donīt expect the flyingcharacteristics of a "real" R/C-plane then you could have a LOT of fun with it. Three or four of them in a pylonrace would be hysterical! It would also be complete and utter chaos!

Another good point about it is that the statement that it is virtually crashproof is actually TRUE. This plane is so small and light that it doesnīt carry enough energy to damage itself when it hits the ground. I think youīd have to hit a sharp object head on at full speed to do any damage to it.

Anders O
Zeroaltitude is offline Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude
Old Aug 16, 2004, 05:57 PM
Wonder bread
USA washington
Joined Mar 2004
17 Posts
I thought I read somthing in the description leading me to beleive that the Preserver is more stable but I just read both descriptions again and they are almost identical so I can't really tell which plane is more stable. sorry, my mistake
theoneinventor is offline Find More Posts by theoneinventor
Old Aug 16, 2004, 08:47 PM
Mocking Birds
VA
Joined Apr 2004
301 Posts
The SuperSonic is an older model. The Preserver has a new wing design and flys great. I fly mine with a 210mah Lipo and get about 20 minutes per battery. It is a toy, but it sure is fun. Mine has about 200 minutes on it has taken some hard crashes, but still looks perfect. About ten different friends have ordered one after flying mine. Do a search here on Preserver. I have instructions on how to make it fly perfect. It is the best $25 I have ever spent! Balsa Products sells them now - http://www.balsapr.com
t1mux is offline Find More Posts by t1mux
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:50 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,046 Posts
My vote goes to both

I've had several of the Wattage version of the Sonic for over a year and it's a great diversion from full house (micro to 30" wingspan). It was difficult learning how to turn without spining in, but pulsing the throttle and stopping the turn command once the plane is turning helps.
Presever..my new love. As a "sucker" for new toys, I've also got a couple of the Megatech versions. One flies nicely and the other will do nothing but spin in on a turn. I still can't see the difference. I have not put the motors on a tach, but I suspect that they are not equal. THE PRESERVER SAVED THE DAY. First, the wing looks the same as the Megatech, but it's very different. It has much more "polyhedral" than the megatech. The transmitter for the PRESERVER is also a 2-stick and more natural to control. With the same turn command until you enter a turn and power out with pulsing to serve as throttle. (they are all designed to climb under power). Balsa Products gives similar instructions. When it starts to stall..turn. THE PRESERVER IS A WINDY DAY PLANE. Believe it or not, I've had some great flights in 10 to 15 mph Dodge City "light wind" days. I fly in a very small area behind my home. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR...GET A PRESERVER (I've got 3). ALMOST CRASHPROOF. Since the turn isn't totally controlled, I've smashed head-on into my neighbor's chain link fence several times. My leading edge looks more like a serrated knife edge..but it keeps on ticking.
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Aug 17, 2004, 02:37 AM
Los Angeles California
Joined Jul 2004
249 Posts
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I will order the preserver a.s.a.p! T1mux...I read your instructions before and you'r the one who inspired me to look into these planes!

THANKS!!

_Mike
CheckMail is offline Find More Posts by CheckMail
Old Sep 06, 2004, 09:39 PM
Joined Sep 2004
199 Posts
I am inclined to purchase the SuperSonic because it has landing gear but it seems that the Preserver flies much better. Is that so or is it just a matter of getting used to one or the other?
CitizenKane is offline Find More Posts by CitizenKane
Old Sep 07, 2004, 05:28 AM
Cheapskate freeloader!
Orebro, Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
3,155 Posts
CitizenKane, I am now in a position to actually give a comparative "judgement". Both planes fly well (unless thereīs something wrong with one of the motors, as was the case with one of the two Super Sonics that I flew).
In my opinion, the Preserver is a somewhat better flyer, and despite being a little smaller, it actually handles a little bit of wind better. Flown my Preserver in 8-10mph winds, and though it is MORE fun when itīs calm, it still handles pretty well in these kinds of wind.
The landinggear on the SuperSonic is pretty useless, unless you have a VERY smooth surface to take off and land on.

I think you should decide rather from what plane you find more attractive, than which one flies better, as both fly well enough, and both are pretty limited in what they can do.

Personally, the Preserver is my favourite, but thatīs more because I like smaller models. While the difference in size isnīt that great, the Preserver is smaller. Another definitive bonus with the Preserver is that it fits back in the box (including the TX and batterypack), without having to dismantle it. This meens that I can keep it in my car at all times, never having to worry about it getting damaged by whatever else I have there.

Anders O
Zeroaltitude is offline Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude
Old Sep 07, 2004, 10:55 AM
Joined Sep 2004
199 Posts
Thanks very much for the great info. I am going to be flying these micros planes from a gymnasium floor that’s why I was particularly interested in landing gear.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:25 PM
Joined Sep 2004
199 Posts
T1mux , Swilson50, Zeroaltitude - on your reports I bought a Thunder Preserver from Balsa Products and got it today. It was windy all afternoon and finally died down about 8:30pm so I went to the local high school and found a slightly lighted corner and flew it. It was a blast. I have been flying R/C since 1959 and this was about as much fun as I have ever had - Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:45 PM
Joined Sep 2004
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mux
TI have instructions on how to make it fly perfect.
Where can I get these instructions - Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:26 AM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,489 Posts
another thread

hey guys how r you? listen,i've flown both and let me tell you...better yet go here...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274594
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:11 PM
Joined Apr 2008
7 Posts
Stay Away

Stay away from Raidentech and xheli. They are same mgmt. Or at least act the same and have similar names.

They are out of stock on lots of items. They also will not honor their price match. Also, pain in the *tush* to deal with when it comes to returns. They'll even claim parts are missing.
eatthis is offline Find More Posts by eatthis