HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2002, 08:55 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Jan 2001
867 Posts
No need for Housefly Bug Spray

I've decided to remove my first post. I think Tony convinced me to do this since it is being interprited that Mario and I are butting heads. Since this isn't true, I've removed the first post to avoid confusion. We will just say there is a difference of opinion and leave it at that.

For now I've decided to not get a Housefly. This is subject to change but thats how it is right now. Till then, please keep your HF posts coming. I do enjoy reading them!

Cheers
John
johntbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johntbyrne
Last edited by johntbyrne; Jan 31, 2002 at 09:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2002, 09:41 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
We are a business and deal with many people, I thought our E-mail response to you was professional and corteous. Sorry if it was short.

Thanks.

Mario
www.micro-flight.com
Mario is offline Find More Posts by Mario
Old Jan 30, 2002, 11:36 PM
Santa Rosa, Northern CA, USA
Joined Oct 1999
2,472 Posts
????

John,

Maybe you should read your post again. What are you really trying to say?

Sorry, I do not know your history, but as a neutral party, these words stand out to me:

"For those who have been around awhile, you know that I once was one of Mario's biggest supporters. .... when I'm ready to get a HF to call. .... If I had to guess I would think he was skeptical that I was serious."

Also:

"I'm not posting this to discourage anyone from getting a HF..... I'll miss working with you on this one. Man this sucks! "

I suggest that you pick up the phone and call Mario. It is very hard to tell emotions via email. Bet you guys can work this out, unless the bridges have been burnt pretty bad

Just a thought

Dave

PS: Even if you do not call, have a buddy order one. But only order if you really want one and want to let Mario be Mario. Let's keep this board positive and on the "Up Side".
Daveairway is offline Find More Posts by Daveairway
Old Jan 31, 2002, 12:00 AM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,679 Posts
John,

Call Mario,

Mario pick up the phone.

All will be happy!

Bill
MicroRotors is online now Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Old Jan 31, 2002, 12:03 AM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan
Mississippi 31 years , Now Kotzebue , Alaska 12
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey , I dont like butting in

John and Mario are both mechanical engineers , so it sounds like there heads are butting together alot , so what gives yall ? Tony
misskimo is offline Find More Posts by misskimo
Old Jan 31, 2002, 09:25 AM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Jan 2001
867 Posts
Dave, please don't read between the lines since there isn't anything there.

Tony, no head butting anymore which does make me happy.

Bill, thanks for the suggestion and I'll give it consideration.

Mario, you are right with respect to you're emails being professional and corteous as well as short but we both know this isn't the problem.

I'll be honest, I just don't know what to think about all of this anymore.
Old Jan 31, 2002, 11:02 AM
No "R" !!!!!!!
Where Spacemen Live (TX)
Joined Jan 2000
1,117 Posts
Perhaps if the two parties just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I'd like to think this forum is for expressing ideas and extending dialog for all who enjoy the hobby. Note the word, enjoy. I don't mind disagreements, but if you have a problem with a certain person, I think a private e-mail would be the preferred mothod of resolving it.
Fitz Walker is offline Find More Posts by Fitz Walker
Old Jan 31, 2002, 01:09 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Jan 2001
867 Posts
Hi Fitz, Dave, Tony, Bill

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm curious, why is it when someone posts about MIA that it stirs up contraversy. I'm not just talking about me but just about anyone. Ok, it doesn't happen all the time but it seems too often. It doesn't even seem to matter if they are right or wrong, agree or disagree, flame or support.

Maybe the answer is in Dave's response when he said "But only order if you really want one and want to let Mario be Mario". This could be the key. If you want to deal with Mario you must be willing to let Mario be Mario or it may drive you crazy. When I look at it from that presective it changes everything.

Wow, to my surprize I feel really different now. I feel much better. I think I really can forget about the past and move on. Thanks Dave.

Cheers
John
Old Jan 31, 2002, 11:07 PM
Santa Rosa, Northern CA, USA
Joined Oct 1999
2,472 Posts
John,

Glad you are feeling better and thanks for the thanks.

I learned something way back, when I was a Recording Engineer. The better the Musician, the larger the "quirks" that you deal with. I mention this, as it is the very creative nature of these special types that some people do not understand. Some have very large egos, some never show up when you need them, some get very moody and hide if you hurt their feelings. Many are great on stage, but a real pain off stage. Quite a few actually have stage fright, but really come alive sitting by a campfire, or with a small group of known friends. They think on a different level / plane, which is what makes them special.

Controversy? It seems to follow many of the great artistic types. Who was the best guitarist of all times? Best artist? Best designer? ...

Also, I really enjoy the "music" that Mario has added to our lives.

Happy Landings,
Dave

PS: The above mentioned "quirks" were not intended to describe Mario. Just examples of some that creative people have.

PPS: Yes, it is time to get back to Heli Talk.
Daveairway is offline Find More Posts by Daveairway