Closed Thread
Old Oct 01, 2004, 12:51 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cometlover
ET,

You seem to know an awful lot about everyone else's business... do you have a glass ball or something?

Could we just stick to the facts... about this turbine please?

Just run the damn thing, and tell us how it went.
No, it's just what jetjoe told me, no crystal ball there. Seems like Sandor just forgot to mention that A) he got the engine for free and B) he got it because he was supposed to make ECUs for jetjoe, and jetjoe took the proven Espeill ECU instead. I DO think that it DOES have bearing on Sandor's postings, yes, and it explains his universally negative attitude towards jetjoe, in spite of NEVER HAVING TRIED TO RUN THE ENGINE. And the fact that he makes his own brand of engines, too, makes him even MORE of a biased commentator.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2004, 01:26 PM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,266 Posts
I think too many people have a comercial interest in this thread, either trying to sell JJ or trying to prevent loss of sale of their own product.

It's not my place to tell people how to run their business but I think poor decisions were made.

Whether the existing manufacturers like it or not, there will be competition. Without a patent, designs are hard to protect. With a patent preventing production might be tough, but preventing sale in countries that protect patents should be easy. When it comes from the far east, price will be a major selling point. They may not get it right the first time, but if there is a market you can be sure it will be filled.

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
Old Oct 01, 2004, 02:29 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Well said.
PS I have not seen Wren themselves say one bad word...they simply put out a pretty professional statement saying they had nothing to do with jetjoe, and that they thought that one of their enigines MAY have been shown on jetjoe's website. No harm in that.
I think there are some "friends of wren" who might have been bashing, but I don't see wren themselves doing it...so don't lump wren in with the crowd. From what I have seen,they have always conducted themselves as professionals.
The legal aspects...is jetjoe a clone...well, I think unless you have the two engines side by side, who can say? And it's up to a judge or jury to decide, and patents often get struck down away.
I will cite Jim Walker's patent of U-control as a great example. He made a fortune licensing ucontrol to the entire modelling world...turned out the idea was not his in the first place, he stole it, and he lost in court, bigtime. So let's not go off on a big "clone" tangent unless you know for sure what you are talking about.
Old Oct 01, 2004, 05:51 PM
Simon Bisson
Joined Aug 2004
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger
Certainly SOMETHING to what cometlover and jared salbato says...let the engine do the talking. Like at least one already has.
Yet, in spite of video of one running, the bashers STILL keep after it.
I'm still waiting on either a powermax regulator from Todd Witkoff or the solenoids from jetjoe to run mine...I already tried running it without, and it makes getting the right amount of propane to the engine too difficult, a little bit dangerous...
Specifically, a video of a Fadec display, nothing more
itsadogslife is offline Find More Posts by itsadogslife
Old Oct 01, 2004, 06:30 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
By the way, yuejin (ylu@optonline.net) has two more of those Reapers coming in...I asked how much, he said $350 each if I took both, but I am happy with just the one for the moment...paid $405 for the one I have. So if you want one, give him a shout, maybe you can get one direct without doing the whole ebay thing. Tell him where you came from. A real bargain, I like mine.
Old Oct 01, 2004, 07:50 PM
Simon Bisson
Joined Aug 2004
90 Posts
Quote:
By the way, yuejin (ylu@optonline.net) has two more of those Reapers coming in...I asked how much, he said $350 each if I took both, but I am happy with just the one for the moment...paid $405 for the one I have. So if you want one, give him a shout, maybe you can get one direct without doing the whole ebay thing. Tell him where you came from. A real bargain, I like mine.
Thank you for providing more precise information about the person ripping Mick Reeves off, I will forward it to him.
Old Oct 01, 2004, 08:23 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadogslife
Thank you for providing more precise information about the person ripping Mick Reeves off, I will forward it to him.
Old Oct 02, 2004, 06:20 PM
Simon Bisson
Joined Aug 2004
90 Posts
Quote:
Could this be the first time known to humankind that ET has NOTHING to say?
Old Oct 02, 2004, 06:29 PM
Bowling Green ,Kentucky
Joined Sep 2004
23 Posts
Quote:

BTW, It wasnt just the GSU, and if we had shown the engine you would still be crying foul of some sort or another. I have no more interest in continuing this dicussion on the net. THE ENGINE will talk for itself, one way or another, as for the WREN thing, Say what you want, i have no opinion or do i care. Russ
jrc316 is offline Find More Posts by jrc316
Last edited by jrc316; Oct 02, 2004 at 06:34 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2004, 06:47 PM
Simon Bisson
Joined Aug 2004
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc316

BTW, It wasnt just the GSU, and if we had shown the engine you would still be crying foul of some sort or another. I have no more interest in continuing this dicussion on the net. THE ENGINE will talk for itself, one way or another, as for the WREN thing, Say what you want, i have no opinion or do i care. Russ
Then post and let us all see what you have, I am not the keeper of your conscience, you are.
Old Oct 02, 2004, 06:52 PM
Simon Bisson
Joined Aug 2004
90 Posts
Quote:
Could this be the first time known to humankind that ET has NOTHING to say?
Gordon Bennet, ET, it was a joke.
Old Oct 03, 2004, 12:44 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Mar 2003
568 Posts
What A Great Thread!

Hi Gang:

I just spent the last two days reading this forum through from start to finish. It's like a novel.

I am not a jet jockey, but I have been flying radio controlled models for over forty years. It is good to see the Chinese becoming involved in the manufacture of turbines. As expected there are problems to be sorted out, but it looks like there are solutions.

Congratulations to all who have participated in this project. Thank you also to the moderators at RC Groups who did the necessary editing when things got out of hand. Without the interchange of ideas through forums such as this, development of this and other projects would be much slower, and the modeling community would be much poorer.

There are people like me all around the world watching what goes on here and waiting for the day when the Baby Joe JJ-1200 becomes a practical proposition.

Turbo Tom, reading your post 419 on page 28 and post 426 on page 29 regarding flow reversal:-
Comet Lover in post 428 on page 29 seems to have the answer.
Stumax post431 page 29....&.....Gregg post 433 page 29....&....Zagnut post 434 page 29....all link to his site.

Zagnut's link http://home.online.no/~eikarlse/hybr...der/start.html (post 434 page 29) is nearly 3Mb but definitely should not be missed.

Regards from Graeme Marion in Sunny Queensland.
Graeme Marion is offline Find More Posts by Graeme Marion
Old Oct 03, 2004, 02:49 AM
Multiplex is great!
Maastricht, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2004
139 Posts
sandor_digitech is offline Find More Posts by sandor_digitech
Last edited by sandor_digitech; Oct 05, 2004 at 10:34 AM. Reason: to much info
Old Oct 03, 2004, 04:36 AM
Simon Bisson
Joined Aug 2004
90 Posts
Sandor, what caused the failure in the first place?
Old Oct 03, 2004, 07:38 AM
Joined Oct 2004
10 Posts
what does this have to do with the jj1200
high flyer is offline Find More Posts by high flyer
Closed Thread