SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 05, 2004, 12:55 PM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger
Yo, jetmang, I found that tape of your dad for you last night...if I send it to him(I was sending him some stuff anyway) will it get to you?
Are you a dad yet?
Sweet! Yeah, it'll get to me. Just put a note on it that says it's for me. I can't wait to see that! haha. Nope, not a father yet...will be in about a month and a half!

Chris
JetMang is offline Find More Posts by JetMang
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2004, 10:50 PM
account disabled
Joined Aug 2004
16 Posts
a)Independent of what you may guess, the fact can't change. I am being in China, There is not any jet engine in the market of the region, e'ne the few guys sell Second-hand(newer) jet for ¥30000--40000(about $2460--3240)in a forum of China.which one is more expensive? jj--1200 or Second-hand?

b) The price of the Inconel 718 or 713c stainless steel is $61--67/kg in the market of the region,turbocharger rotor are usually volume-producing for truck,the output of baby jj-1200 turbine wheel is less to the turbocharger rotor'. jetjor can't make turbine wheel less to $90 with Inconel 718 or 713c!
I think the cost of making is about $900-1000 for baby jj-1200
So jetjoe isn't in China!
george007 is offline Find More Posts by george007
Last edited by george007; Aug 05, 2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2004, 10:58 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
So, where are they then?
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Aug 06, 2004, 12:47 AM
Joined Sep 2002
373 Posts
Maybe they are making the turbine wheel of plastic and spray paint it metal...
ssyed is offline Find More Posts by ssyed
Old Aug 06, 2004, 12:56 AM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
I get the impression that JetJoe is simply an entreprenuer who sees the chance to retail components and engines that are being produced (somewhere) in China (perhaps).

I've ordered a fuel-pump which I was advised had shipped earlier this week. Since the bonafides of the trader and the product is unknown at this stage, I didn't want to risk more than the US$30 (plus US$18 freight) that was being charged.

If/when the pump arrives I'll check out the quality and that should give some idea as to whether this is cheap knock-off stuff and indeed, whether there will be products shipped.

Given that it took about a week from the time I sent the money to when they said the pump had been shipped, I expect that they're indenting on receipt of customers' orders and payments. This would allow for much lower margins than carrying stock.

I'll let y'all know if/when the pump arrives and post some pictures if anyone's interested.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Aug 06, 2004, 01:01 AM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet
I'll let y'all know if/when the pump arrives and post some pictures if anyone's interested.
Yes please, Iam very curious.
"the truth is out there"
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Old Aug 06, 2004, 02:01 AM
Rat Dude
AZ
Joined Jul 2004
596 Posts
How many PSI do those fuel pumps put out?

Oh and...
Does it really matter where the thing is coming from or where it's made George007?
You could order one yourself from JetJoe - I mean it's a free country right? Right?
mwraight is offline Find More Posts by mwraight
Old Aug 06, 2004, 05:41 AM
account disabled
Joined Aug 2004
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwraight
How many PSI do those fuel pumps put out?

Oh and...
Does it really matter where the thing is coming from or where it's made George007?
You could order one yourself from JetJoe - I mean it's a free country right? Right?

Yah!
If jj1200 were come from China(only $599),
it could not make with Inconel 718 or 713 stainless steel.
“there is a possibility for injury/death/property destruction.”
Old Aug 06, 2004, 06:13 AM
account disabled
Joined Aug 2004
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger
So, where are they then?

The question should be replied by jetJor.
Old Aug 06, 2004, 09:10 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by george007
Yah!
If jj1200 were come from China(only $599),
it could not make with Inconel 718 or 713 stainless steel.
“there is a possibility for injury/death/property destruction.”
You know what?
You say "the facts are the facts" but they AREN'T.
Your posts are nothing but pure speculation...you have NO IDEA what some other company pays for materials, or what it costs them to make enignes, or anything else.
You are just GUESSING.
Frankly, I think you are a business rival or someone else who has an interest AGAINST this company.

Enough said about THAT.
Old Aug 06, 2004, 11:07 AM
account disabled
Joined Aug 2004
16 Posts
Aha!!! vitals be said , got angry?
Do you know why need to use the Inconel 718 for turbine wheel?
I again said:
The price of the Inconel 718 or 713c stainless steel is $61--67/kg in the market of the region,turbocharger rotor are usually volume-producing for truck,the output of baby jj-1200 turbine wheel is less to the turbocharger rotor'. jetjor can't make turbine wheel less to $90 with Inconel 718 or 713c!
I think the cost of making is about $900-1000 for baby jj-1200
It could not make with Inconel 718 or 713 stainless steel,
there is a possibility for injury/death/property destruction.
Old Aug 06, 2004, 11:13 AM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
jjjjj?

ET I think it really comes down to the fact that no one here or anywhere else that Iam aware of seems to have seen one of these 'bargain' turbines as yet, why not????? And until they are a proven product most people will always be very sceptical.... If it were possible for a manufacturer to produce and sell turbine engines (PROFIT MARGIN?) for what JJ is claiming it would have been done already 'more than likely' dont you think?
Anyone who has put together a homebuilt turbine themselves or has a good understanding of what is truly involved in manufacturing a turbine engine would be very sceptical naturally. So when you hear of an unknown company popping up out of the blue with little or very vague contact information available and offering a $500 turbine the natural response is always going to be
This has nothing to do with country of origin/manufacture its an issue of legitimacy, if the guys who are commenting here from China cannot find the manufacture in their home country??????. Hey you could be right though, just seems unlikely mate IMHO.

By the way I am a rep for two of the more popular 'proven' turbine engine manufacturers TJT and FTE so my opinion maybe somewaht biast, that does not mean I should not pass on my honest opinion here and just worn people to be very careful

Cheers- Marty
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Last edited by Marty C.; Aug 06, 2004 at 11:15 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2004, 12:16 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Is George007 a troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007

Did a quick peek at George007's profile -- joined August 1, 2004, 9 posts as of today (guess where they all are?)

Aside from the poor use of English (assuming that George007's primary language is not English), has totally worked fronm a not-Chinese stance, when the evidence URL ownership and information supplied by people who've checked on products and availability say otherwise.

Seems to know a lot about turbine manufacturing and prices. Wonder where you got that knowledge?

Or are you just moving a lot of male bovine output?
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Aug 06, 2004, 01:34 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C.
ET I think it really comes down to the fact that no one here or anywhere else that Iam aware of seems to have seen one of these 'bargain' turbines as yet, why not????? And until they are a proven product most people will always be very sceptical.... If it were possible for a manufacturer to produce and sell turbine engines (PROFIT MARGIN?) for what JJ is claiming it would have been done already 'more than likely' dont you think?
Anyone who has put together a homebuilt turbine themselves or has a good understanding of what is truly involved in manufacturing a turbine engine would be very sceptical naturally. So when you hear of an unknown company popping up out of the blue with little or very vague contact information available and offering a $500 turbine the natural response is always going to be
This has nothing to do with country of origin/manufacture its an issue of legitimacy, if the guys who are commenting here from China cannot find the manufacture in their home country??????. Hey you could be right though, just seems unlikely mate IMHO.

By the way I am a rep for two of the more popular 'proven' turbine engine manufacturers TJT and FTE so my opinion maybe somewaht biast, that does not mean I should not pass on my honest opinion here and just worn people to be very careful

Cheers- Marty

I'm not looking for a fight, myself, but in my limited experience, I have seen a lot of BS about model turbines...like reps from various companies starting new names and anonymously praising or smashing other's products, so when somebody like George007 comes along, registers,and starts bashing someone else's product, well...I take HIS comments with a big grain of salt...as I do with JetJoe's claims. If an engine shows up at my doorstep and it runs, I guess it will put paid to all the skeptics. Until then, I'm not on ANYBODY's side...jetjoe is nothing but a bunch of emails and a website to me so far, I have not paid for the engine yet, or taken delivery, it is supposed to be August 10.

No arguement with your post whatsoever, marty, all good stuff, except this...I BELEIVE(which is NOT the same as KNOWING) that a Chinese company COULD produce an engine for this little, and it could be GOOD.
Ten years ago, if you said you could get a fully built and painted turbine aircraft out of full composite for $1500, people would have laughed, but go look at Skymaster. And they are in Taiwan, not China. So I would be rather hesitant to dismiss the possibility, labor in China is totally, completely different. A friend of mine has a factory there, and workers get $200 a MONTH, plus room and board. What does a worker at Jetcat in Germany get? Or at Wren in the UK? Or TJT in Australia? How much of the cost of a turbine is labor?
At any rate, my point is this...the jury is out, that's all, and I sure do HOPE that the jury finally weighs in on the side of Jetjoe, and I don't wire $1100 into never never land!
Old Aug 06, 2004, 01:41 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyed
Maybe they are making the turbine wheel of plastic and spray paint it metal...
Which would be smart in one sense, as if the turbine wheel DID explode, it would cause MUCH less harm!
Closed Thread