Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 29, 2002, 08:14 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
Help give me a color scheme for my Bugatti?

I am doing a Bugatti from the MAN plans, but mine is going to be somewhat bigger I need some help working color schemes, and I would like your help. I would like to do something with light blue and bright read for race colors. Nothing too gaudy, but nice and nifty! If you computer savvy folks wanna help, I would appreciate it. Here is a blank Bugatti frame that might work for those who understand puter graphics.

Thanks!

Greg
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2002, 08:30 PM
Melbourne City Hlpt, Australia
Joined Dec 2001
217 Posts
There is only one accurate colour that is scale,and that is light blue all over,with no other other markings of any kind----there was only one prototype made,and as far as I know,it had no markings---I am pretty sure that it never actually flew.
The actual colour of blue is the same as Bugatti's racing colours used on his racing cars.
Robert
rallen is offline Find More Posts by rallen
Old Jan 29, 2002, 08:31 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
Computer Savvy to the rescue..

will work on it tonight.. no guarantees but its fun to try .. Vyceroy
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Jan 29, 2002, 09:32 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
In fact, the theory is the only one built was found in what is to believed to be dark blue PRIMER. It never had any markings or colorings because it wasnt completed. I would like to fly mine in race colors as it would have been (possibly) and try to be flashy as well

Thanks for the help Vyceroy, cant wait to see what you come up with.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 10:09 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
I Cant Either Lmao .. working as i type ... Vyceroy
Old Jan 29, 2002, 10:17 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
Bugatti paint Scheme

ok Gents here is a color pic of the plane.. give you an idea of what color he is talking about .. Vyceroy .. have fun painting
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:08 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
heres a start

getting kinda late here and eyes are blurry .. NOT finished by a long shot but posting a progress report.. if ya like Slope i will continue... Vyceroy

P.S. i think the Red and that shade blue contrast nicely.. that is the shade blue that Bugatti uses ..
Old Jan 30, 2002, 12:05 AM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
Wow, you rock! I think we may have a winner here Thanks a lot for the help, that really is what I was looking for.

Greg
Old Jan 30, 2002, 12:43 AM
The Bent Pin
McMinnville, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2000
211 Posts
You guys are amazing

I just finished sheeting (a pain the butt) my MAN Buggati and have been wondering how to finish it. I was thinking (daydreaming actually) that the blue was just a primer before the plane was sent to the states to take on Howard and Roscoe on the racing circuit. I was thinking cherry red with green and white trim, a Bugatti logo and appropriate numbers. The colors of Italy.

You never know. It could have been...
JCastle is offline Find More Posts by JCastle
Old Jan 30, 2002, 01:24 AM
Melbourne, Victoria, Oz.
Joined Oct 2000
313 Posts
Hi Jcastle,
The Buggati was French not Italian, and according to the national car racing colours at the time would have been painted light blue as its national colour, if Italian, it would have been Red as Ferrari is today, if British British racing Green. If German, silver, hence Mercedes McLaren today. These vehicles had no sponsorship as they were entered by manufacturers, So the Bugatti would have raced in America in the racing colour and for the glory of France.

hugh
Oneson1 is offline Find More Posts by Oneson1
Old Jan 30, 2002, 09:25 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
ok Slope let me finish this tonight and will post the end result.. trying to find a bugatti for Microsoft flight simulator and do the paint job on a 3-D Model.. Vyceroy
Old Jan 30, 2002, 01:36 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
Great, I look forward to it
Old Jan 31, 2002, 08:10 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
heres the side view.. didnt see any need in going further..
Old Feb 07, 2002, 08:44 PM
arlington hts, il
Joined Feb 2000
200 Posts
Anybody else notice that the exhaust ports for the engines in the Bugatti drawing are different from the placement on the picture of the real airplane! Just noticed it myself. Now I've seen and photographed the real Bugatti, and I can tell you the front engine exhaust ports are on the right side just aft of the canopy, and the rear engine ports are left side of the plane, back near the trailing edge. So the drawing is correct, but Vyceroy's picture of the original is wrong. Riddle me that, Batman..........
TFey is offline Find More Posts by TFey
Old Feb 07, 2002, 10:03 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
all someone did was mirror the picture or get it backwards is all .. ive seen this alot .. i can fix it if yall want