HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:24 AM
Joined Mar 2004
186 Posts
Alert
fast,fast,fast

Does anyone know of a truly super fast 1/2A ARF plane.
Years ago I had a 1/2A racer with a TD 051 that burned up the sky.
I can not Recall the kit name. I do not build so well now and would like an ARF.
Any MFG. names or if you have something like this for sale would be a big help.
Thanks guys.
silverwing is offline Find More Posts by silverwing
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2004, 05:58 PM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,328 Posts
There aren't any fast ARF's out there, the ACE GLH is probably what you had as it was popular and a very good airplane. 1/2A pylon type planes are a very-much do it yourself proposition. Check out RCU's 1/2A forum and look up "Caliente", Jeremy Chin's balsa foam racer. It's doing around 120mph from memory, so you can see the potential. I started a Sp400 based 1/2A racer with a molded fuse but haven't worked on it since. I got as far as pulling a body out of the mold and life got in the way.

I wrote a thread in the High Performance forum here in the electric side of RC Groups called "It's a boy!" detailing the mold and body manufacture. If you can't pull it up, let me know and I'll post a few pics here.

Have Fun and Good Luck!

Dave

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline Find More Posts by Dave Campbell