HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2004, 08:19 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
prarie park condos construction progress

since about mid march they have been building some new luxury condos about 1/2 mile from my house. there plan is to build 4 L shaped condos in a circle and put a lake in the middle. (more of a pond) ive got some pictures of the progress. the first 2 pictures are from april. the 3rd is from may and the last 2 are from june.
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2004, 08:21 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
ive got 3 more pictures from august. the first building is almost done. the last picture is what its going to look like when its complete. for anyone intersted here is their website http://www.parkpointwheeling.com/index.html and another one http://www.prairieparkatwheeling.com/
Last edited by Kyle G.; Aug 06, 2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2004, 09:06 PM
Vermont
Joined Mar 2002
2,706 Posts
That is quite large.

Nice shot angles. They really capture the project well.
fdisk is offline Find More Posts by fdisk
Old Aug 06, 2004, 09:55 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
yea its big! i dont know when they plan on finishing but at the rate they are going (1 building ~ 6 monthes) it wont be done till like 2006! but i dont know when they plan on finishing. the last 3 shots were taking from my new downlink from black widow av. just testing it out. i too think those shots angle the project nicely
Old Aug 06, 2004, 11:37 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
2,954 Posts
i didnt realize you took pictures kyle--i just was checking out this board because i am kinda interested in it--i usually see your posts in the parkflyer section..

do you mind me asking what kind of camera you use and how much it costs and weighs?? i have a few dandy's that can carry some extra weight and your pictures are so clear! which one of your planes did you use?

best regards
tim morris

deerfield wisconsin
the king air guy
ZRS4 is offline Find More Posts by ZRS4
Old Aug 06, 2004, 11:54 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRS4
i didnt realize you took pictures kyle--i just was checking out this board because i am kinda interested in it--i usually see your posts in the parkflyer section..

do you mind me asking what kind of camera you use and how much it costs and weighs?? i have a few dandy's that can carry some extra weight and your pictures are so clear! which one of your planes did you use?

best regards
tim morris

deerfield wisconsin
the king air guy
yea i flip in and out between forums. parkflyer, flying wings, AP, OTD, its all good to be honest this camera isnt really that light. its a kodak CX 6330 and its 8 ounces with batteries. it cost me $150 off ebay but ive seen it for that in stores. here is the review

the plane i am using now is a slow stick with brushless outrunner. i need a little more power with the extra downlink equipment i have on the plane now. i dont know if a Dandy can support the extra weight. ive never had a dandy but i have a dandy sport and GT those plane couldnt carry it up. im not sure what camera would work with that plane to get some crisp pictures. good luck with your ventures into aerial photography!

Kyle
Old Aug 07, 2004, 12:01 AM
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
2,954 Posts
thats amazing that you adapted that for aerial photos--you should get a engineering award Kyle!!

i will keep looking around--my little planes are the same ones you have from mm--too small for that.

T
Old Aug 07, 2004, 12:06 AM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
yea the camera is quite porky it uses a servo switch and batteries so my guess would be if i hacked into it so i didnt need batteries or a servo it would be much more adaptable. right now with all my gear my slow stick weighs a hefty 38 ounces!! its really heavy. looking for a more powerful motor. BEC has put an Aiptek SD i think on his dandy sport? im not sure but he has put a small camera on his MM plane. dont be too discouraged. cameras are becoming lighter and cheaper
Old Aug 07, 2004, 12:14 AM
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
2,954 Posts
thanks kyle--that gives me some ideas anyways

T
Old Aug 09, 2004, 09:49 AM
Edina, MN
Joined Feb 2004
46 Posts
what Black Widow AV system?

the last 3 shots were taking from my new downlink from black widow av. just testing it out. i too think those shots angle the project nicely [/QUOTE]

What Black Widow AV system are you useing and did it require alot of editing with the video image to to get those great looking shots?

Charlie
Duck_Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Duck_Hunter
Old Aug 09, 2004, 09:58 AM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
the last 3 shots were taking from my new downlink from black widow av. just testing it out. i too think those shots angle the project nicely

What Black Widow AV system are you useing and did it require alot of editing with the video image to to get those great looking shots?

Charlie
im using the 600mw 2.4 ghz system with patch attenna. those last pictures were what they looked like right off the camera
Old Aug 09, 2004, 10:49 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2003
487 Posts
What are you using to capture the pics off of the BWAV camera? Is it fed to a camcorder??????

Rick
azfrench is offline Find More Posts by azfrench
Old Aug 09, 2004, 11:05 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azfrench
What are you using to capture the pics off of the BWAV camera? Is it fed to a camcorder??????

Rick
actually my dad bought a car type lcd display off ebay for 90 bucks. works REALLY well. plug into cigarette lighter and has a pretty good length cable so i can place the screen on the hood of the van. this screen obviously has AV in so everythings works out nicely o btw thats a nice looking flying wing you got i like the orange and black