HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2004, 09:17 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,689 Posts
You can find an Aerohawk model under the /download/FMS/FMS7/Helis section of http://www.rc-sim.de .

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2004, 09:22 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohawk1
Title says it!
I just found out last night that FMS was Freeware!
Aero
Yup, great software, terrific community, the added wind makes it a lot more useful for training the next step up from learning how to control models coming back at you.

If you take a look at the sticky describing sim web sites at the top of this Forum, you'll see a list of prices in USD for many of the sims.

Reflex XTR $276
Realflight $199
Truflite $140
Aerofly Pro $139
Easyfly $79 (Win98)
Piccofly $74.90
Aerofly $50 (Win98)
Cockpit Master $40
RC Plane Master $35
Cockpit Master Backyard $30
FMS Free
PreFlight Free
CRRCsim Free

-- ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2004, 10:38 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners
PreFlight Free
That used to be true but the more recent "demo" versions only allow two channels to be flown with a joystick (and hence Tx interface). So you can only control Aileron/Elevator with the TX(/joystick) have to control throttle/rudder with the keyboard (makes heli flying near impossible!). It's $75 for the interface that allows it to be controlled in all axes.

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old Aug 07, 2004, 12:23 AM
micro mechanic
Oz, Kansas
Joined May 2004
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners
You can find an Aerohawk model under the /download/FMS/FMS7/Helis section of http://www.rc-sim.de .

-- ggunners
Thank you for the link...but after much struggle,I've had no joy.
It was hard enough to register...now when I click on download,I get a message that says,"You do not have permission to open the file."

Does anyone have this model?or a link to a downloadable file?
aerohawk1 is offline Find More Posts by aerohawk1
Old Aug 07, 2004, 09:08 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,689 Posts
aerohawk1,

Not having permission may be related to your firewall settings. Other's have experienced the same issue. Turn your firewall off and try again. Just make sure the site recognizes your ID at the top of the page or you'll need to login.

-- ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2004, 11:35 AM
micro mechanic
Oz, Kansas
Joined May 2004
2,303 Posts
Quote:
aerohawk1,

Not having permission may be related to your firewall settings. Other's have experienced the same issue. Turn your firewall off and try again. Just make sure the site recognizes your ID at the top of the page or you'll need to login.

-- ggunners
Disabled firewall...no good.
One thing;I never completed registration...the links in the email's that they sent me don't work.I click on the link and it takes me to the right place,but I get an error saying,"!Activation code/user unknown!".

I can still log in and my screen name is present...

Are you a member?Can you send me the file?

Aero
Old Aug 09, 2004, 10:25 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,689 Posts
aerohawk1,

You'll also need to flush your browser cache to make this work at www.rc-sim.de besides disabling your firewall.

Try registering again. There are way too many good models on that site not to get the download working. We are all hesitant to copy other files to our web sites when there's already a good place to download them.

-- ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2004, 01:04 PM
micro mechanic
Oz, Kansas
Joined May 2004
2,303 Posts
No Good!

Dumped cache...registered on a different computer,under a different name...same thing!

Something is wrong with their site because when I click on the activation link to complete registration,it just takes me to the first registration page.If I complete it manually,I get the error,"Activation code/user unknown!".

I now have 2 accounts that I CAN log on with,just can't download!"You do not have permission to open the file!"

Well,who the hell do I have to ask!?

Thanks for your help,anyhow.

-Aero
Last edited by aerohawk1; Aug 09, 2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2004, 04:47 PM
R/C Fanatic
Schwienfurt, Germany
Joined Aug 2004
11 Posts
Can this system work with the Realfight Tx interface? If so, I can use my Futaba Skyport Tx.
GundamWZero is offline Find More Posts by GundamWZero
Old Aug 09, 2004, 08:25 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,689 Posts
aerohawk1,

Do you have cookies or JavaScript disabled? Just guessing here that your browser security is too tight to function at rc-sim. There aren't too many ways to maintain state in an online application, cookies or javascript variables are easy ways to do it. Which browser are you using too? Just tried it with Opera and it got all the way through and asked me to wait for an email response. Can't tell what's different about your machine or network connection.

-- ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ggunners; Aug 09, 2004 at 08:27 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2004, 11:06 PM
micro mechanic
Oz, Kansas
Joined May 2004
2,303 Posts
Both computers are win xp using IE...
I've tried with and wo cookies and firewall.

the problem lies in the link that they send in the email...the first time I click on it,I go to the original registration page with no errors.At first I thought that I needed to fill out my info again,but if I do that,I get an error that says "that user name is taken",or something like that.So I go to log in anyhow and it works.Still cant download!
I go back to the email link and now I get the error,"Activation code/user name unknown".
What the heck!
It must know my user name if I can log in!
I dont even care about being a member anymore,I just want the Aerohawk model...I have tons of planes and heli's,but nothing that resembles the flight characteristics of a FP micro.

Aero
Last edited by aerohawk1; Aug 09, 2004 at 11:08 PM.