HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2004, 08:54 AM
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Feb 2004
314 Posts
Spinner question for P-51, Hangar 9, 60 sized

This is an electric conversion.

When I bought my original P-51, I got a spinner with it from the seller. I dont know what brand it is, but evidently it was damaged in the first plane's crash. The screw and the back plate are bent/warped. I fiddled with the screw and pretty much got it almost perfect, but the back plate is continuously wiggling back and forth when you spin the motor.

What brand spinner would be a good choice to buy? I have replaced everything else up front to stop the vibration, so I will replace the spinner itself as well.

Suggestions please. Side note....The spinner back plate's shaft opening is slightly larger than the largest area of my prop adapter. Is that normal? Should I add some filler in there, like wrapping it with a layer of electrical tape to snug it up? The shaft on my prop adapter is an 8mm shaft.

I need a 3 &1/2 inch spinner for this size plane...

Thanks in advance.

Longarm
Longarm is offline Find More Posts by Longarm
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2004, 01:25 PM
McMinnville, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
127 Posts
just go online and look at one of the hobby shops for the type of spinner you need. And yes there are plastic spacers that can go onto the shaft and the backplate to snug it up.

-Kevin
Dustoffer is offline Find More Posts by Dustoffer
Old Aug 06, 2004, 07:30 AM
I can 3 point
Mount Dora Florida
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
Here is a red one, they also have yellow and white.
http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...p?prod=CBA5073
Good Luck
Paul
Paul Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Paul Wilson
Old Aug 06, 2004, 04:05 PM
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Feb 2004
314 Posts
Appreciate the feedback..........I got something from the LHS that will work.......

Longarm
Longarm is offline Find More Posts by Longarm