HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2004, 10:07 AM
CA
Joined Oct 2003
25 Posts
Watch out for pre-paying back order item at HeliHobby

For some unexplainable reason, HeliHobby, which is used to be very reliable and fast in shipping, doesn't want to return my emails about shipping the back order item that I already paid for.

It has been more than two months already and their website shows that the is now in stock.

You guys might want to think twice about pre-paid vendors in good faith for back order items. I learnt my lesson!
skyking99 is offline Find More Posts by skyking99
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2004, 08:24 PM
Go easy , go electric .
The Dark Side of the Moon
Joined Apr 2003
165 Posts
Same happened to me . Lucky for me item I prepaid for and never received was less than $10 .Unlucky for them , I have spent thousands of dollars elseware .
DIAMONDBACK is offline Find More Posts by DIAMONDBACK
Old Aug 05, 2004, 09:07 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
If they have it in stock I've never had a problem getting the item from them but I avoid ordering anything that would be a backorder. I got in that situation when I ordered some Duzi parts they got in end of June. Unfortunely, I didn't get in the cue soon enough and $94 of merchandise got put on backorder but they still charged the entire $136 to my credit card.

They got the stuff I ordered, in last week and I sort of had to remind them to send it. To date nothing has arrived and the parts are out of stock again. Hopefully they will come, otherwise it I guess the bank will handle it.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Last edited by GBR2; Aug 05, 2004 at 09:23 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2004, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2004
6 Posts
It happened to me too.
nosein is offline Find More Posts by nosein
Old Aug 07, 2004, 04:07 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
Stuff arrived on 8/6, so at least I'm done waiting for my backorder. They only had my money for about 6 weeks before I got all my stuff. Personally, I don't think it really fair that they should collect money before they send anything. However, I guess there is nothing to regulate them doing otherwise.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2