HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2004, 02:10 AM
RIP THE BRING!
Rhode Island
Joined May 2004
880 Posts
wait was that smoke cartrages or was that your wing?
devilscries is offline Find More Posts by devilscries
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2004, 08:14 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilscries
gouch - no there is gonna be no interfearence al long as the antenna is trailing behind it and i use crystals in the reciever.
LOL, Crystals sure do help with avoiding interference issues in a reciever!
Having said that, If you left it out the crystal, you shouldn't have any interference at all!!

As far as your wing goes, I gotta admit, it still needs some work. with all due respect it reminds me of a wrapped kebab at the moment . Once it's finished it should be very nice.
I like the planform you chose, but wondering if the span is enough for the chord? It looks like it'll need to be balanced VERY close to the LE. have you worked out any figures on it?

phishtaco: That is one of the nicest colour schemes I've seen. what sort of flight times does that battery give you? What prop do you prefer for combat?

ScYcS: you got a serious collection of wings there!

Those decals are from a helmet kit from Troy lee. He makes some cool designs for MX and road (motorcyles) but it's pricey and they are pretty thick. I had more on it, but for some reason removed them. It does look a bit boring on the yellow now though, compared to some of the beauties posted here.

If anyone is keen for some checkers, I took a photo of my sons F-20 sloper with these decals (troy lee) and I stuck it in photoshop, cut out the plane, cleaned it up and mirrored it so I could replicate them if needed.
The end of the checker could do with some rounding, I trashed the end piece of the decal a while ago, but If anyone wants the original jpg I made have give me a pm and I'll send it to you.
the original is 1943 *1450 at 150 DPI and native print size is 12" * 9" so should print quite nicely. It comes in at about 800K

Cheers
Paul

P.S $US 20 bucks for 4 minutes of smoke anyone know a cheaper way? Looks great, but too pricey for the time it smokes for. A couple of cubans on the tips would be cheaper
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Aug 02, 2004, 08:27 AM
Just fly the darn wing!!!
Germany, NRW, Herford
Joined Oct 2003
2,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch
ScYcS: you got a serious collection of wings there!
Yah....sad part is: It's not even all of my wings. I have 2 or 3 that are either not covered or are missing electronics right now.

I seriously have to reduce my hangar but i have a hard time deciding on which to let go.

PS: not posted are the GP slinger wing and another Superfly as well as my Projeti (if that counts as flying wing).
ScYcS is offline Find More Posts by ScYcS
Old Aug 02, 2004, 08:40 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScYcS
as well as my Projeti (if that counts as flying wing).
Depends which mod you ask ........SLAP!!
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Aug 02, 2004, 01:59 PM
Phoenix, Az
Joined Apr 2004
25 Posts
Here is a shot of my zagi xs.
aztek is offline Find More Posts by aztek
Old Aug 02, 2004, 02:03 PM
Phoenix, Az
Joined Apr 2004
25 Posts
that didnt work well.....
aztek is offline Find More Posts by aztek
Old Aug 02, 2004, 02:06 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
Nothing Fancy Here

I need to start getting more creative on my covering jobs!
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Aug 02, 2004, 02:18 PM
RIP THE BRING!
Rhode Island
Joined May 2004
880 Posts
Ok i got what your saying and i've figured out that im gonna add a "pod" like canopy to the LE to put the battery in and the reciever. But for now here are the pics.

P.S. - yes that is my toe in the bottom left hand corner of one of the pics .
Old Aug 02, 2004, 02:25 PM
RIP THE BRING!
Rhode Island
Joined May 2004
880 Posts
o yeah did i mention its a glider so i won't really have alot of tail weight because of no motor so it should b a bit easier. the WS is 23"
Old Aug 02, 2004, 02:41 PM
RIP THE BRING!
Rhode Island
Joined May 2004
880 Posts
just for kicks and giggles heres a mini extra 300 i been working on. don't plan on going rc but it does look pretty cool
Old Aug 02, 2004, 05:04 PM
Believer in Technology!
Kansas City, MO
Joined Aug 2004
1,046 Posts
My Second Love!

[B]In case you have not met her yet let me introduce…..

Yes! You guess right. All electrical components are from HZ Aerobird Challenger. Yes all of it!!!
I learned to fly with Hobby Zone Aerobird Challenger few weeks ago. Then I assembled Wattage Hyper Wing using electrical system from Aerobird. It flew well and I was hooked on wings.
You can read my story here. My Web Journal
I wants to fix a ducted fan unit to my wing but not sure what configuration will work. Any advice appreciated.
PrasadL is offline Find More Posts by PrasadL
Last edited by PrasadL; May 18, 2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2004, 05:27 PM
Just fly the darn wing!!!
Germany, NRW, Herford
Joined Oct 2003
2,210 Posts
PrasadL, cool!!!! Didn't know you could transfer the electronics from one of those.
ScYcS is offline Find More Posts by ScYcS
Old Aug 02, 2004, 05:48 PM
Believer in Technology!
Kansas City, MO
Joined Aug 2004
1,046 Posts
Aerobird V-tail circuit can be reconfigured for Elavon easily but mounting circuit board can be tricky. Aerobird power system provided much more power than included Wattage power system making it flyable up to 20mph wind.
PrasadL is offline Find More Posts by PrasadL
Old Aug 02, 2004, 08:20 PM
fight club member
Fontana, Ca
Joined Oct 2002
48 Posts
thanks gouch, im getting about 25-30 minutes with 4t mega. as for props im using a 5.5 x 4.5 apc, prefer to use 6x4e apc, but its drawing to many amps. these batteries can handle about 30amps max.
phishtaco is offline Find More Posts by phishtaco
Old Aug 02, 2004, 09:52 PM
Imposing TeddyBear
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2004
558 Posts
Here's my first and only wing. I built it about two weeks ago, and it has survived me very well so far.
Papakeith is offline Find More Posts by Papakeith