|Jul 27, 2004, 03:52 PM|
How about a "History of Electric Flight" section for EzoneMag
Now that E-Flight has "come of age" (okay, too mushy a term), and RCGroups/Ezone being the premier E-flight website ... how about a nice historical look back at Electric Powered R/C planes? This would include stuff like:
* Timeline - including:
- which battery tech was introduced when?
- what cells being used (eg, when were SCR or KR's popular, LiPo, etc)
- Motors (when did the first commerical brushlesss appear? When did all the popular motors/ESC/etc and related companies started?)
- Accy's - intelligent chargers? First APC 'E' prop?
* Scans of old ads, early plans, etc
* Database of the relevant items.
* Not directly related, but I'd like to see a similar info site for Radio systems/sets/etc ...
Not only will it make good trivial reading, it'll be a good start in archiving the hobby. eg, this is a nice short history of E-Flight: http://www.iroquois.free-online.co.uk/hist.htm which leaves me wanting more!
PS - anyone knows if AMA has a seperate E-Flight historical collection, or is it just burried along with the IC stuff?
|Jul 27, 2004, 04:39 PM|
Good idea - it get's my vote.
Going through old articles can be quite entertaining, and somewhat sobering now that we take our brushless and vertical for granted.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How about an electric Sig LT-25 for AP work?||Canada Goose||Aerial Photography||103||Dec 07, 2008 09:49 AM|
|FS ebay electric flight pack for 2 meter||fly2mike||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Jan 26, 2004 09:52 PM|
|History of Electric flight||Paul Susbauer||Electric Plane Talk||7||Apr 03, 2002 12:00 AM|
|How about a "Blade Bumper" for the House Fly?||ls77||Electric Heli Talk||6||Jan 21, 2002 12:48 AM|
|Question about gws pico flight pack for GWS Tiger Moth?||The Other Dave||Parkflyers||8||Dec 05, 2001 02:24 AM|