HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2004, 04:06 PM
Frozen Polarbear
Alta, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex A Lott
This one is a big one... I'm ordering this aswell But without the radio gear.

It is a beutiful plane!

Cheers
Tore
purple is offline Find More Posts by purple
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:51 AM
Joined Aug 2004
157 Posts
Brushless in AcroBipe?

These bipes are the coolest r/c planes I have seen. I think somebody used an astro firefly in one a while back but wasn't real impressed with the performance. I ran onto this modified cdrom motor for a wing from this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6&page=4&pp=15 and thought it might work in the Harbor Freight Bipe. I think it would be better than a regular cdrom motor because the front could stay stock looking without having a big rotor out there. Any thoughts?

Invertedflyby is offline Find More Posts by Invertedflyby
Old Dec 25, 2004, 12:16 PM
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
Tore, I have loooked at the one @ Raidentech before and never have seen it available without the radio gear. How did you manage?

Robert
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin
Old Dec 25, 2004, 02:11 PM
Frozen Polarbear
Alta, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willin
Tore, I have loooked at the one @ Raidentech before and never have seen it available without the radio gear. How did you manage?

Robert
Hello

I have seen this several places, both in Norway (http://no.rcmodeller.net/) and in a couple of hobby shops in Sweden.

I have ordered one from the norwegian shop some time ago, but have not heard from them... Maybe i have to reorder.

Hope you can find one, they are beutiful planes!

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!
Tore, Norway
Old Dec 26, 2004, 04:25 AM
Al_
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
Joined May 2004
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuffstatler
Reminds me of an old FF story of mine. I had a Flat Albert (all sheet profile biplane, from Model Builder), with a spanking new TeeDee .020 on it. I was piddling with the run time and trim, to get a nice 1-2 minute max flight. My "Buddies", thought that it would be fun to fill the tank all the way up, and not tell me. Needless to say, the next run I got off a smooth running, super lean setting, let it go, and that's when I started asking how much they had put in.... It was a speck in less than a minute, and was lost to the wind gods forever. I hope it landed in some kid's yard somewhere... Cool thing is, my "buddy" felt so bad about it (new TeeDee engine lost), that he gave me an old wore out .40 size Midwest Mustang airplane for it. I flew that airplane in combat several times, then sold it back to him. I guess I got my time and money back...

phil in austin
Reminds me of my Easy Built Wakefield that I lost about 5 years ago. Simply put, I put a 100 ft rubberband in it and gave it a full winding. It kept going up. At the time of launch, there was no wind, but during the flight, the wind picked up and my plan ended up in Lake Michigan.

Check for "the one that got away" in Model Avaition for August or September of 2003!
Al_ is offline Find More Posts by Al_
Old Feb 03, 2005, 06:01 AM
Frozen Polarbear
Alta, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple
Hello

I have seen this several places, both in Norway (http://no.rcmodeller.net/) and in a couple of hobby shops in Sweden.

I have ordered one from the norwegian shop some time ago, but have not heard from them... Maybe i have to reorder.

Hope you can find one, they are beutiful planes!

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!
Tore, Norway
I got the C-17E not long ago. Have put in the gear, but still waiting to maiden it. It is a beutiful plane! It cost 900,- norwegian kroner (ca. 75/ $140), it was with motor, battery, charger, ESC and all the pushrods installed.

Cheers
Tore
Old Mar 22, 2005, 07:37 PM
Winside Nebraska
Joined Jan 2004
381 Posts
What is the wingspan of those biplanes?
Nick
Cautrell05 is offline Find More Posts by Cautrell05
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:19 AM
Hey y'all... watch this!