SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2002, 03:47 PM
Mad Scientist
South west, Va
Joined Nov 2001
385 Posts
r4p receiver with jst connectors quesion, plus a few other questions.

I asked a similiar question before but I need more info,
Ok here it goes. can i plug my servos with futaba styple connectors into the gws r4p rec with rst connectors if so how will the wires line up? Also how can i tell if the rec has JST connectors or is futaba? I was told that it was jst but since i have not received it yet i am not sure.

Where is the cheapest place to get JST connectors?

I also want to know if 6 aaa 550mah nimh cells will fly a litestik LOL I know its a silly question but i hooked them up and it seems to have plenty of thrust.

thanks
Jay
jayboy is offline Find More Posts by jayboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2002, 04:26 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
The JST and JR/Z universal connectors are not compatible at all. You can get some servos with JST plugs or add them to your own servos. The JST plugs are what is used by Voltz for their servo extentions.

Todds Models has them as well as Sky Hooks and Rigging.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jan 25, 2002, 04:51 PM
Mad Scientist
South west, Va
Joined Nov 2001
385 Posts
thanks Fred Bronk
I just went to toddsmodels and the connectors look to be just the opposite of what i need, at least the one i seen, it has a connector to take jst and plug into a futaba rec. I need to plug my futaba connectors on my servos and esc into a the jst plugs on my rec. Also i was wondering if you could post the url to the other hobbysite you mentioned.

thanks
Jay
jayboy is offline Find More Posts by jayboy
Old Jan 25, 2002, 07:20 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,430 Posts
Fred is right. But just to make sure. The pins that come up through the circuit board carry different signals and power. I have both types of R4P receivers and the diagrams that come with them show this clearly when you put them side to side.
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson