Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:25 PM
Flights leave daily!
Virginia
Joined Oct 2002
749 Posts
Voy E. LG on the new LMH Aluminum Crutch?

I'm getting a New Corona from my LHS and it has the new Aluminum Crutch, so I was wondering if anyone has done the Voyager landing gear on that yet? If so a pic and discription would be great!

Thanks, Sam
AirMicro is offline Find More Posts by AirMicro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2004, 12:36 AM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,725 Posts
Greatings,

I just got home with my new Corona kit, and it came with the new Alum Crutch. I was not even away of this change. Not sure if i like it yet. I was all set with the simple mods for this, and the Gyro mount. Will have to rethink this. Then again, I am usually such a slow builder, that buy the time I get to that point, it may be old news.
Since the newer LG is a simple bolt on, I am going to run the stock unit for now, and order up a set of mounts for either one of the JR LG's. I am considering using the Venture gear for two reasons. I am going to be running a lipo pack and need the weight as far forward as possible without adding to much lead and that the gear is at my local shop. No shipping.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2004, 12:50 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
I have a choppa clutch which is identical to aluminum one, except it is in carbon fiber, and VE landing gear works fine. I used a csm hlg200 (airtronic slg1) gyro, which mounts to the plate on its side without problem. it is not quite as tight as futaba gyro, but not bad. (I had futaba 240 on second and third corona with crooked clutch) I use this one for training, as I have titanium boom and aluminum tailcase, making it impervious to crash damage.

one thing is that you will want to run 8cell pack. with 7cell, it is too short unless you run third landing gear (which is what I am doing now. need to update the pic)
askman is online now Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; Jul 20, 2004 at 12:53 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:57 AM
Flights leave daily!
Virginia
Joined Oct 2002
749 Posts
Does anyone have any pics where they have done this with the Aluminum crutch?
AirMicro is offline Find More Posts by AirMicro