HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2004, 09:56 PM
Telford Pa
Joined Aug 2002
278 Posts
Electric C/L at the NATS.

I think I mentioned here that I was working on a new E-C/L project. Here is a link about how I did at the NATS. http://www.clstunt.com/htdocs/dcforu...mID1/9749.html
Mike Palko is offline Find More Posts by Mike Palko
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2004, 02:36 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,346 Posts
Many congratulations Mike. Sixth in Advanced is excellent going for anyone so to do it with a brand new own-design electric model is truly outstanding.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jul 20, 2004, 08:09 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
I been toying with building one as well.
Havent found any stunt ships so far that lend real well to conversion.
Still looking.
Using an CC speed control with govenor
AXI Outrunner motor.
Already got them
I want to add an idle up delay timer to get to the other end of the lines after turning on and a timed idle down
Actually the market will be prime very soon for a line of specialized electric control line Speed controls.
Will prolly wait till winter and end up scratch building it.
Unless I find a good kit that I think the lipos will fit in and balance well that I can bash.
Hah if I manage to get one together maybe you could come out and fly it for me. Dunno if I could handle the pucker factor of the lipos smashing into the ground If only I flew as well as I build.......
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Last edited by Bud Morrison; Jul 20, 2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 08:35 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
Ive had this hanging on my wall for awhile now. The tail got a lil cracked I am going to rip all the covering off it and convert it to control line. Its a Kyosho Spree. Im thinking a geared speed 400 size brushless should pull it around quite nice. I was going to couple the ailerons to the elevators and make the rudder manually adjustable. Make the wing bolt on. The only thing I really havent given much thought is the leadouts.

Itll be my electric learning curve before doing the larger one.
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Old Mar 01, 2005, 12:28 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,415 Posts
Mike the link above isnít working, can you post a good URL?

Found this thread after starting ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341390 ):

Congrats to Mike Palko!

Belated with respect to his NATS success; and mostly for his article in the Special Electric Edition Ė IMHO it was the best article in the entire edition!

Mike any chance you could list the details here about the timer (ECS interface); Iím interested in obtaining one.

As I was writing this it seems as though ECL and CL just got combined; thatís too bad.

Jim B
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Mar 01, 2005, 02:45 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,346 Posts
Jim, one readily available timer is the new one from JMP, see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339435

I believe Mike was using one built by Sergio Zigras (Mr Z-Tron) at the Nats but I don't know if it's available commercially.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick