HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2002, 02:30 PM
Toledo Ohio, USA!
Joined Dec 2001
647 Posts
Pul Pull On Scratch Built, Any ideas?

I just finished a plane That looks misteriously like the Hobby Lobby Miss Bohemia. Huuh? It even weighs the same! Anyways, I do not want t omess with push rods o nthis one so i am going t otry out how pull pull works. I have the pushrods on each side of the elevator and rudder and the String (fishing Line) attached. now... how do i rout them to the servos which are on the side of the plane (like in the wingo) with as little troubble and cutting as possible and i would like to make them as least visible as possible also? Im sure one of you E-Zoners has done this! Any tips?
Gonflyin01 is offline Find More Posts by Gonflyin01
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2002, 03:12 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Here's how I did 'em on my Tiger Moth. Look at the last picture and bottom of page. Click on pictures for larger view. I don't know if this will answer any of your questions, but if it doesn't, we'll talk about it.

http://charlie_dilks.tripod.com/eplanes/id9.html

After looking at the Bohemia, I see how the servos are mounted. Only one arm sticks out, right? I guess you already have it covered too. Below is the only thing I can think of. You could mount two fishing hook eyes on the side of the fuse so that the single arm moving back and forth will give a pull/pull action to the lines.

pull/pull

I'm about the biggest pull/pull advocate around, but I believe that in this design of plane you should stick with push/pull rods. Sometimes it's best. I didn't consider for a second using pull/pulls on my Terry.

PS, sorry about the pop up on my site. They just started doing that.

RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Last edited by Red Baron 47; Jan 23, 2002 at 03:36 PM.