SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2004, 09:02 AM
Spead Eagle, WI (about 2 hours north of Green Bay)
Joined May 2004
786 Posts
Question
Nikon coolpix 3700 ad on ebay...is this a good deal/good beginner camera?

I found a Nikon coolpix 3700 camera on ebay and it looks like a good deal...Here is a link to it:Nikon coolpix 3700 What do you think? Also...would you reccomend this for a first camera?
Thanks
Dan
Picoflyer is offline Find More Posts by Picoflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2004, 10:52 AM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoflyer
I found a Nikon coolpix 3700 camera on ebay and it looks like a good deal...Here is a link to it:Nikon coolpix 3700 What do you think? Also...would you reccomend this for a first camera?
Thanks
Dan
i dont know what makes a good first camera but that is definatly a good camera as long as you can lift it up since its no aiptek when your considering weight. it looks like a good deal when you consider everything that comes with it. i wouldnt go for it if you already have all the stuff the comes with IE: memory (well more is better) tripod, memory reader, etc...
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:47 PM
Fly Brushless!
Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2002
3,136 Posts
I've had my 3700 for only a short time but I absolutely love it. It's so compact yet does such a fine job at what it does. Stills and 30fps video. I took a video of a short flight around the local school yard near my house and hooked it up via the supplied cables to my large flat screen TV. It looks AMAZING! The clarity is so crisp, the sound excellent, and the video and stills are breathtaking. If some of you who own these camera's have yet to hook up to a TV you really should give it a try.

I just received the faster 512MB Sandisk II Ultra memory the other day, and a new case for it too. You need the faster memory to record video's over 1 minute in length in the highest res (640x480 - 30fps) mode. Get it, you will be very happy with this camera. I can't see Ebay here where I work but if it looks like a good deal, go for it. I bought mine off of Ebay as well.

Do a search for Nikon 3700 on the forums here and you'll find all the good info on it.
Hawker is offline Find More Posts by Hawker
Last edited by Hawker; Jul 17, 2004 at 12:50 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 03:44 PM
I need a new plane STAT!!
Rhode Island
Joined Sep 2003
841 Posts
Whats a current "good price" for the camera???
DrBill is offline Find More Posts by DrBill
Old Jul 17, 2004, 03:52 PM
MX
Embedded Systems Engineer
Grass Valley, CA
Joined Sep 2001
3,732 Posts
Don't buy that one. It's already bid up more than you can order it for. Plus, there's
a Nikon $100 rebate. Get here for $198 after rebate:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=NKCP3700

Might be even cheaper elsewhere if you search.

MX
MX is offline Find More Posts by MX
Old Jul 17, 2004, 06:22 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Forget about ebay, you can buy one for $188.00 shipped here, the price is less the $100.00 rebate that's offered through the end of the month from Nikon. Ask me how I know,....I ordered one and have it already!

http://www2.butterflyphoto.com/shop/...er&sku=CP-3700

Gary Morris
Gary Morris is offline Find More Posts by Gary Morris
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:07 PM
Joined May 2004
786 Posts
I think I will end up getting this camera, but after I do some looking around. I have one question, how much video will a 128 mb card hold at the full resolution and fps setting?
Thanks
Dan
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:17 PM
Joined Jul 2004
24 Posts
In another thread, it was said that a 512 would hold about 7 min. of video. So I would assume that 128 MB would hold about1 min 50 sec. worth.
Bird Man is offline Find More Posts by Bird Man
Old Jul 22, 2004, 07:11 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2002
1,134 Posts
I just got my second one for my wife, got it at Butterfly photo without any problems. Cam in two days FEDEX, I had to pay shipping because I did not want to wait the 7 - 10 days for free shipping.

The 3700 is a great little camera.
uniquewon is offline Find More Posts by uniquewon
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:15 PM
Joined May 2004
786 Posts
I have decided on buying one of these cameras, I have just one question. The 100 dollar rebate expires on July 31st (I am pretty sure anyways), if I ordered one now, would I miss the rebate deadline (does it need to arrive by July 31st or be postmarked by then)? Should I wait until after the 31st and hope that they have another rebate or some sort of deal on them?
Thanks
Dan
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:34 PM
London, England
Joined May 2003
1,598 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering one from the states and having it shipped to the UK, costs $45 but would still be way cheaper than it is here, provided I don't get my ar$3 stung at customs!
thermite is offline Find More Posts by thermite
Old Jul 26, 2004, 01:38 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,255 Posts
http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....ces&id=1002288

This place has 'em for $164 (after rebate)
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Jul 26, 2004, 01:41 PM
Fly Brushless!
Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2002
3,136 Posts
Because July 31 is creeping up on us, I'd just do the order over the phone to confirm with them that you get the rebate.
Hawker is offline Find More Posts by Hawker
Old Jul 26, 2004, 01:42 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,255 Posts
Quote:
have just one question. The 100 dollar rebate expires on July 31st (I am pretty sure anyways), if I ordered one now, would I miss the rebate deadline (does it need to arrive by July 31st or be postmarked by then)? Should I wait until after the 31st and hope that they have another rebate or some sort of deal on them?
You can download the PDF file with the rebate offer - it clearly states that if you have a receipt with the purchase date on or before 31-Jul-04, and if you mail in the rebate before end of August, you'll get the deal.

Whether or not these things will drop in price after the rebate - yes, of course they will, but nobody expects them to initially drop THAT much, very soon.

Here's a link to the PDF file containing the rebate info:

http://www.compuplus.com/fpage/nikon3700.pdf

Happy photographing,

BUZZ
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Jul 26, 2004, 02:13 PM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,200 Posts
Rebate Extended

Check out this rebate:
http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/...mer_rebate.pdf

I'm still sitting on the fence trying to decide about a higher rez camera. The extended rebate takes the urgency out of the Nikon..
Tom in Cincy is offline Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Last edited by Tom in Cincy; Jul 26, 2004 at 02:21 PM.