Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:54 AM
TeamZiering
Chandler, AZ
Joined Mar 2002
1,859 Posts
I've said what you've always wanted to a double parker.

Heh ... Interesting story... Taken from www.myauntishot.com (My Site)

...."Tonight, Ashley and I went to Montclair for Emily's birthday party. It was right near this Starbucks I went to a couple of times. Anyhow, we found the place no problem. The problem at hand was parking.

There is a pretty sizeable lot, and all of the spaces are taken. As we're driving around this circle, I notice this NICE Mercedes C Class Sedan (Silver) parked over two spaces. We drive around the circle again and again. Still no spots. Each time we drive by this car parked over the line, I get more and more upset. This person was inconsiderate enough to deny us a parking space because his car was better than everyone else's. I finally reached my boiling point when we had to park illegally somewhere with a little sign "Reserved parking for Celia's Flowers" or something equally foreboding. I said to Ashley, "You know, We should leave a note." And so, as I do on so many other occasions, I started writing.

"Thank you for being so considerate as to allow everyone to have a parking spot.People like you really make the world a better place. You're a b____h b_____d.

All My Love, Steven Tenlo Ph.D"

So, we went and started our dinner. I met this really cute waitress who was going to be a sophmore at Montclair State. That's secondary though. We watched as this guy got into his car, (He had two other cars waiting to occupy those spots) got back out of his car, take the note, read it, and drive away. He was with his family. All the while, I was watching this, and laughing and laughing. It was better than drugs.

What's something an idiot loves to do? Get the last word. When I got home, my parents asked me if I left a note on someone's car. I told them I did. Anyhow, he called up fiery mad about this note. From my sister, It went something like this:

Sister: Hello

Dude: <ANGRY AS HELL> IS JOSHUA ZIERING THERE !?

Sister: Nope ...

Dude: I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR FATHER. GOD IM SO DISSAPOINTED. UGH!

Dad: Hello?

Dude: I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU WHAT JOSHUA DID WAS SO INNAPROPIATE. IM SO MAD. IM SO DISSAPOINTED.

Dad: Ok ... I'll relay that information to him.

Ok, my parents are cooler than most. Unfortunately, I haven't trained them yet in the ways of *69. I would have like speak to this guy since he was so eager to 'Let me have it'.

The question remains: How did he track me down?

This guy was enough of a loser to go home, and type Steven Tenlo into Google. Guess what pops up? The "Who Am I?" from my site. From there, he looked up my phone number in the telephone book, and called my house. Soo apparently, not only is he inconsiderate, he must not have a life. It makes me happy to think I pissed him off enough for him to waste his time on me. He certainly wasted enough of mine while we scoured for a parking spot. I even got his IP Address and Host Mask. Sure... It would be wrong for me to send him angry MS Messenger Spam, and to give him a denial of service attack ... but darn it's tempting.

So, if I had to say one thing to this guy, I think it'd be along the lines of: "Take your nice car, and get bent .... Sir" ..."
enigmabomb is offline Find More Posts by enigmabomb
Old Jul 19, 2004, 11:26 PM
Calm winds and CAVU skies
Lawton, OK
Joined Jan 2004
295 Posts
Amazing that he could take the time to do all that work to find you, but couldnt take the 1/2 second to park correctly.

Since you know how send ms messenger spam, can you tell me how to stop it? I keep having those stupid windows pop up, and they are more annoying than regular pop-up windows.

Thanks
globemaster3c17 is offline Find More Posts by globemaster3c17
Old Jul 20, 2004, 12:28 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,209 Posts
That would be a question for the Life, The Universe, and Politics forum.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jul 20, 2004, 01:13 AM
TeamZiering
Chandler, AZ
Joined Mar 2002
1,859 Posts
I know how. I'm happy to help =)

Start-> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and then go down to Messenger, Right click on it, and go to properties. Then hit STOP and change the startup type to disabled.

-Josh
Old Jul 20, 2004, 01:16 AM
TeamZiering
Chandler, AZ
Joined Mar 2002
1,859 Posts
As to the regular pop up windows, I spent time and made a tutorial how to rid your computer of them.

http://myauntishot.com/fixingpopups.html

-Josh
Old Jul 21, 2004, 02:34 AM
Calm winds and CAVU skies
Lawton, OK
Joined Jan 2004
295 Posts
Yeah I read through your site after posting and found your link to the pop-up blocker. It found a few hundred items on my computer! Thank you very much for the help!
globemaster3c17 is offline Find More Posts by globemaster3c17
Old Jul 21, 2004, 11:16 AM
TeamZiering
Chandler, AZ
Joined Mar 2002
1,859 Posts
Happy to help. If you really want the 'gold' standard, use Mozilla. www.Mozilla.org It'll be the fastest most pleasurable browsing you've ever had. Promise.

-Josh
Old Aug 04, 2004, 03:58 PM
Will Crash for Food...
Orange County, CA
Joined Apr 2002
419 Posts
I had something similar years ago with a new Porsche taking up two spots in a crowded log. I simply put a note under the wiper saying "Sorry about the ding."

I sat back at a nearby outdoor restaurant and watched search his car for 20 minutes for the phantom 'ding'. I was laughing the entire time as this guy was panicking about his new car.

the Mighty Dingus
Mighty Dingus is offline Find More Posts by Mighty Dingus
Old Aug 05, 2004, 04:20 PM
Zoom, zoom...
Roseville, CA (Sacramento area)
Joined May 2003
3,514 Posts
When I was in high school, there was this pot-head jock wannabe (was always in JV, never varsity) who used to do that with his cruddy orange Chevy Nova. He was also famous for putting dings in other peoples cars with his door. Could never catch him doing it, but everyone knew he did it. Anywho... One really hot summer day, he left one of his doors unlocked. Some buddies of mine and I were talking about what we wished we could do to this slime. I guess someone overheard us with the cajones to do what we wished. To make a long story short, his doors were epoxied shut, his gastank had sugar in it (a lot from the rumor mill) and there was dog poop shoved under the door handles. Imagine how many times he had to pull on the poop filled handle before he caught the clue that the door just wont open?
Trikster is offline Find More Posts by Trikster