HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2004, 10:37 PM
Baltimore, MD
Joined May 2004
90 Posts
Ever herd of an Expert RF650 reciever?

My brother who lives in Vegas, me in Baltimore, sent me a 3DX airplane. He just built 3 of them if which one was for me. The shipping cost of a built plane is much $$$.

This is my second airplane. I'm new to RC and my first plane is a Pigi 3D.

Anyway, the reciever in the 3DX is an Expert RF650. He tested the plane with the current setup but using a different crystal frequency and it flew fine for him. When he sent the plane to me he put in my frequency of 47. It takes a JR brand crystal. Well when I flew it for the 1st time the servos and engine started freaking out when it got about a 100 yards or so away from me. I was able to land it safely. I then put the plane on the ground, lowered my antena on my TX and started testing the servos as I walked away. When I got abotut 20 steps away the servos started jumping.

Do you think my crystal is bad? On the crystal it has 3 little circles on the lable with one x'd out showing how close it is to that frequency and the center circle is x'd out.

I have since replaced the reciever with a Berg5, which I bought for the Slow Stick I'm building, and the Berg reciever works fine in the 3DX.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem? Do crystals go bad? I can not find Expert recievers on a google search.

Thanks,
Roy
rsknapp is offline Find More Posts by rsknapp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2004, 11:21 PM
Paducah Barkley, Kentucky, United States
Joined Sep 2003
783 Posts
I found them on a google search, not many hits...
http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=20018874

Are you using a JR (Pos shift?) or Futaba/Hitec (neg shift?) TX?
(I get them mixed up)

mike
umrk is offline Find More Posts by umrk
Old Jul 16, 2004, 11:31 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,983 Posts
What ESC are you using?
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:15 AM
Mostly in Norman, OK
Joined May 2002
1,868 Posts
iirc they are similar to JR R610M.

That said, I have 1 610M and 2 RF650's. The R610M is the one with 'Blue Dot' sticker on the bottom (earlier ones had glitching problems). Fly it in a Speedy; ~80mph never had a glitch.

1st RF650 is in a Brushless Projeti, close to 100mph level flying and haven't had glitching problems before.

2nd RF650 I got used from Ezone - should have checked it out 1st when I got it. Used it a couple of months later in Ascent Glider, glitched like crazy, snapped a wing spar. I posted on RCU's JR support site, Danny said send it to Horizon (fill out the repair order form). Two weeks later they were nice enough and sent me a Brand New in Package RF650!
Peter Khor is offline Find More Posts by Peter Khor