HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2004, 05:05 PM
ft. worth
Joined Jul 2004
915 Posts
Question
cg on slow stick vs. power system

i have a slow stick and am new to electrics after flying helis for 6 years, here is the question:

in step 23 of the slow stick assembly manual it discusses setting cg which depends on the power system that came in the kit. the kit or box made no mention of which power system i have. the motor says "mabuchi 9n". how do i know which system i have so i can properly balance?
philip frank is offline Find More Posts by philip frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2004, 06:35 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
The CG is the CG - it doesn't change based on what power system you have on the model.
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jul 16, 2004, 09:37 PM
Texas..Bigger than France
Austin Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
I measured 4 1/8 inches from the leading edge of the wing on both sides of the center of the wing and made an X mark. I then mounted the front support for the wing 5 inches back from the back of the motor. I then installed my servos approx 8 inches forward of the rudder. Then i put the RX almost dead center of the fuse. I use a Thunder power 2 cell lipoy batt of which i mounted just behind the front wing mount and under the fuse. You can move the wing back and forth to get the CG correct from there. I have found also when using the smaller lipoy pack if i take the front landing gear off and hand lauch it flys a little better too.

If you need any pics let me know HTH
moter is offline Find More Posts by moter
Last edited by moter; Jul 16, 2004 at 09:40 PM.