HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2010, 06:33 PM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,068 Posts
Nice work on the Falcon... man, if I didn't have so many planes that I actually plan to build, I'd add that one..or if I wasn't so OCD where I could build more than one plane at a time..
Cash
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2010, 06:36 PM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,068 Posts
Our British friends are really blessed with some good builders, and pretty places to fly...(sigh)..I'd much rather fly off of grass than tarmac.
Cash
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC
Old May 26, 2010, 10:08 AM
Joined Aug 2007
7 Posts
Ian,
Have you given any consideration on the size and location of the fuel tank for the Falcon?
I replaced the original tin-plate tank with a Flexi-tank but found I had to cut-away some of the cowling top to accommodate it. Even so the flight times with the Merco 49 are not long comparatively, and I think it all relates to the Falcon design originating as a free flight model and not requiring a large tank

MJE
mike etheridge is offline Find More Posts by mike etheridge
Old May 26, 2010, 04:49 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan View Post
I saw really nice one at the Boddo memorial bash at Old Warden at the weekend

I have no idea what Charlie the red plane behind is...
I was there too, and had a chat with the owner of these magnificent models. The covering (Solartex?) on all of them was absolutely flawless!

As regards 'Charlie', I can't recall if the model was an own-design or not, but I can attest that it's named after the budgie that belongs to the owners ladyfriend. I kid you not!

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old May 26, 2010, 05:05 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Wow Tim, thats real love
dekan is offline Find More Posts by dekan
Old May 27, 2010, 01:17 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,884 Posts
There has been so much talk here about the plans for the KeilKraft Falcon that I thought I would speak up here to say I have a superb high resolution digitized plan for the Falcon if anyone wants one. Just e-mail me at rufus.carswell@yahoo.com and be sure to mention the KeilKraft Falcon. I will e-mail the plan back at no charge.

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old May 27, 2010, 02:16 AM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
Thanks Planeman
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white
Old May 27, 2010, 05:02 PM
Charleston, SC, USA
Joined Jan 2001
199 Posts
Email sent.....

Thanks for the offer!
Mark
markie is offline Find More Posts by markie
Old Jun 03, 2010, 06:58 AM
dover, kent, UK
Joined Apr 2003
415 Posts
I sold one of my falcons the other day, only built last year and only 3 flights, just had to make room in the garage. It went with a new saito 62 that provided ample power. I also sold on a new junior 60, I had 2 and I was going to sell the old one but let this winter's build go to a newbie in our club, 3 sessions and he's ready to solo. I now have to weed out some of the other airframes to make room as I have now nearly finished a black magic for the 2010 vintage build, just waiting to complete the front end of the fus so as fast as I'm selling them another one pops up in its place...
Braddock, VC is offline Find More Posts by Braddock, VC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Build Blog Page 21
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:35 AM
Joined Jul 2010
2 Posts
hi all, i have been thinking of building a falcon for some time is the keil kraft version the same as the ben buckle one ? i have just aquired an os 60 open valve , with minimag converion its a heavy motor but hopfuly it will be ok thinking of using 2.4 radio because of the spark interferiance , is that best ? .... happy landings!!!!!!!!!!
mark pedwell is offline Find More Posts by mark pedwell
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:30 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,038 Posts
Quote:
I have just aquired an os 60 open valve , with minimag converion its a heavy motor but hopfuly it will be ok
I am happy to hear some Minimags are around.......they don't show up too frequently....

As I have the early FS 60 with alu rockers + machined head & carb body, I BADLY regret that I didn't purchase a conversion while I got the chance....

Gluehand is offline Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:35 AM
Joined Jul 2010
2 Posts
minimags do come up on ebay from time to time , not cheep though this one was new unrun compleat with motor 250 but i think its worth it !!.my os 60 fs is a later model cast carb looks like steal rockers,
mark pedwell is offline Find More Posts by mark pedwell
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:40 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Fife
Joined May 1999
2,849 Posts
I'm still slowly working on my Falcon. Vacation and home tasks got in the way recently. I'm about done with the fuselage. It's amazing how much wood goes into it!
Nice to see the Falcon was the featured plan in this month's SAM Speaks.
Ian Easton is offline Find More Posts by Ian Easton
Old Aug 08, 2010, 01:29 PM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Glenwood,GA
Joined Aug 2006
1,071 Posts
I think the Falcon is one beautiful plane. I just got the plans and am going to start mine after I finish the one I'm working on now. That is going to be one bundle of wood in this plane. I'm planning to fly mine on electric though. I don't have an engine that would work with this plane right now. About as close as I can come is an old K&B .65 that I bought new in box a couple of years ago. I think I would rather go electric though.

Ed
mred3 is offline Find More Posts by mred3
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:29 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Fife
Joined May 1999
2,849 Posts
Still working, albeit slowly on the Falcon. The drawing for the tail wheel assembly doesn't seem to make sense. Has anyone modified it as it looks a little weak too. The width of the top part (F) doesn't match the 3/16 main piece with the two 1/8 x 1/4 supports for the wire. It also looks like the whole thing is "sheeted" with 1/16 making a sort of hollow box for the assembly. It would start at the front, go over the wire supports then bend to join at the back. Would you guys agree?
Ian Easton is offline Find More Posts by Ian Easton