HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2004, 07:16 PM
∞¤FoX¤∞
in the boonies, ont can
Joined Mar 2004
144 Posts
Rant
You've got to be kidding me

I some how knew this was going to happen... but oh well. I still liek mine more lol . Link
banshee_dude is offline Find More Posts by banshee_dude
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2004, 07:31 PM
fabtechprerunner
beverly hills california 90210
Joined Jul 2004
104 Posts
hey.. banshe edude like the name i got 1 yamaha banshee and 1 suzukilt 250r anyways back on the topic. i asked century before i bought my v.ll hummingbird when the v3 was coming out cause i was going to wait and get that and they told me around september they were going to release it. ****ers that always happens i swear i also heard that there going to make kits for the v.ll to be converted to the v3 havent found that kit yet
fabtechprerunner is offline Find More Posts by fabtechprerunner
Last edited by fabtechprerunner; Jul 15, 2004 at 07:36 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:05 PM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,144 Posts
Nothing really special there. They have drilled some holes in the frame, gone with the Elite tail and put a head stiffener on. They have lightened the flybar paddles a bit too.
None of this gives any better performance. (in fact I went with a heavier flybar for smoother control)
Still a crappy battery holder, like they are in denial that everyone is either already or will soon be using LiPo's.
Dont worry yourself on this one.
co
Yukonho is online now Find More Posts by Yukonho
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:33 PM
Sir Buildsalot
Stockbridge, GA
Joined Nov 2002
646 Posts
OK, so which is better the V3 or the Elite series?
MailOrderGuy is offline Find More Posts by MailOrderGuy
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:42 PM
fabtechprerunner
Joined Jul 2004
104 Posts
i agree with you on this yukonho 150% it doesnt look all that different but why are they going with the 9.6v battery on this with the same cheesy battery holder. The battery holder can barely hold up the weight of the 8.4v battery.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 12:21 AM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,144 Posts
I have not flown an Elite FP, but I do have an elite CP. The Elite FP is upgradable to CP, and the design is completely different, but which one is better?
Really depends on you. I find the Elite is easier to mount my electronics (a little easier) I really like the inexpensive one way bearing and aluminum head too.
I think the Elite is a little better, (the head and swash especially) but it's main feature is that it is more upgradable.
co
Yukonho is online now Find More Posts by Yukonho
Old Jul 16, 2004, 12:32 AM
RC Addict
Orlando, Florida
Joined Jan 2003
603 Posts
I have a hummingbird elite cp.. and it's great. I put Like 90 blades on it, and a MIA streamlined frame. Perfect mount for my GY401, and my 2S Irate 1100. It looks nice too. Here's a few pictures.

Click on the pictures to make them larger:

raceachevy is offline Find More Posts by raceachevy
Old Jul 16, 2004, 06:07 AM
Old USAF Fixed Wing
Portland, OR
Joined May 2004
355 Posts
I have a vII, FP and CP Elite. I can't imagine why they indroduced this vIII? The FP Elite seems to be much better overall compared to the vII and vIII. And why are they still promoting those 'bird seed' battery holders?...

- Tom
thandley is offline Find More Posts by thandley
Old Jul 16, 2004, 11:06 AM
Sir Buildsalot
Stockbridge, GA
Joined Nov 2002
646 Posts
Very Nice

What Himax are you running with that 2S lipo?
How's the performance any 3D?
What happened to your stock tail setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceachevy
I have a hummingbird elite cp.. and it's great. I put Like 90 blades on it, and a MIA streamlined frame. Perfect mount for my GY401, and my 2S Irate 1100. It looks nice too. Here's a few pictures.

MailOrderGuy is offline Find More Posts by MailOrderGuy
Old Jul 16, 2004, 11:49 AM
fabtechprerunner
Joined Jul 2004
104 Posts
Quote:

just wanted to if u can use a p frame and and put all the v.ll parts on it or it a waste of money???? that frame looks really beefy (strong)
Old Jul 16, 2004, 12:52 PM
RC Addict
Orlando, Florida
Joined Jan 2003
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MailOrderGuy
Very Nice

What Himax are you running with that 2S lipo?
How's the performance any 3D?
What happened to your stock tail setup?
I'm running a himaxx 2015-4100 with a 10 tooth pinion. I haven't done any 3D, but i have been practicing hard launches, and it bogs down a little when i throw all the collective in, but it also launches to 30' in no time. I had a direct drive tail setup that I stole off of my Hummer VII. I had heard that the stock tail on the elite would burn out, so i didn't want to risk a crash. You also can't use a stock tail motor setup with the Like90 blades. You would need a longer boom, or a direct drive setup, so i took my direct drive.

I've flown this heli in winds approaching 15mph, and it's fairly stable. a couple of 30-60 size nitro heli guys were watching it fly, and they were very surprised that something so small can be so stable, and fly so nice.

James
Last edited by raceachevy; Jul 16, 2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 12:54 PM
RC Addict
Orlando, Florida
Joined Jan 2003
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabtechprerunner
just wanted to if u can use a p frame and and put all the v.ll parts on it or it a waste of money???? that frame looks really beefy (strong)
MIA makes a frame for the VII, I've never seen it in person, but i assume that it's near the same quality that mine is. I beleive it's around $29.99.

James
Old Jul 16, 2004, 01:54 PM
fabtechprerunner
Joined Jul 2004
104 Posts
Quote:
MIA makes a frame for the VII, I've never seen it in person, but i assume that it's near the same quality that mine is. I beleive it's around $29.99.

James

is there a little bit more room on that mia frame for the electronice cause this v.ll frame has got sh.t for room for the electronics??? ticks me off.
also do you know where i can get the mia frame from?? thanks josh
Old Jul 16, 2004, 03:04 PM
RC Addict
Orlando, Florida
Joined Jan 2003
603 Posts
My frame does have more room for mounting electronics, and a lipo battery. I ordered mine from Helihobby because they were the only ones that had it. I took a chance by ordering from them, but the shipped it quick, and it arrived at my house in 3 days..

http://www.helihobby.com/html/hummingbird_upgrades.html
a little over half way down the page.. Hummingbird G10 Frame with struts and skids
For the Hummingbird V1 & V2. $29.99
Old Jul 16, 2004, 03:19 PM
fabtechprerunner
Joined Jul 2004
104 Posts
raceachevy... is this frame all metal??? also this frame doesnt look right to me as to how everything would fit on there. the canopyetc.. wanted to know if you had any pictures of yours. i want to see how everything fits on there before i buy one. can u scan some and post them. please thanks