SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2004, 07:46 PM
MRI
Engineered RC Products
Joined Jul 2004
466 Posts
Yippee!
Fusion ESC's: A LiPo Ready ESC with Built-In High Voltage BEC

Medusa Research’s Fusion ESC's are Lithium-ready, and are also compatible with NiMH and NiCd cells.

They feature an on-board 2 Amp switching-regulator BEC capable of handling up to 24 volts!

The Fusion line of ESC's provide leading-edge performance for an economical price, while compact designs and rich features make choosing the right unit for your model easy!

A multitude of user-programmable options allow you to easily tailor the ESC to your needs, while true short-circuit and over-temperature protection safeguard your investment.

On sale now!

Find them and other great products at
www.MedusaProducts.com

Medusa Research, Inc.
Engineered Products for the RC Enthusiast
MRI is offline Find More Posts by MRI
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:40 PM
San Mateo
Joined Aug 2004
454 Posts
medusa motor question

I am running a Medusa 028-032-4200 with a CC45 speed control. During static testing with a 4.75x4 apc I am having the rpms waver a bit during run up and this occurs way before any volt or current limits are hit. Do you recommend any non-default timing settings. What might be causing this effect?

Also, are you going to make brushless ESCs?

Thanks,
Brian
bcc1955 is offline Find More Posts by bcc1955
Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:00 PM
MRI
Engineered RC Products
Joined Jul 2004
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcc1955
I am running a Medusa 028-032-4200 with a CC45 speed control. During static testing with a 4.75x4 apc I am having the rpms waver a bit during run up and this occurs way before any volt or current limits are hit. Do you recommend any non-default timing settings. What might be causing this effect?

Also, are you going to make brushless ESCs?

Thanks,
Brian
There are a variety of reasons that can cause this issue such as noise getting into the receiver, too long of wires on the ESC, poor solder connections to name a few.
We have seen some issues with older versions of the ESC firmware which produce the exact problem you are describing but using Version1.54 seems to not exhibit the same wavering.
If you do not have V1.54 you should upgrade to that first.

The default or Normal timing should be fine although in some cases improvements can be gained with the Hi timing.

We have brushless ESC's in process but no release date.

Regards,

MRI
MRI is offline Find More Posts by MRI
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:28 PM
San Mateo
Joined Aug 2004
454 Posts
Thanks,
I didn't realize it but I was running old firmware. I will test it out soon.
Cheers,
Brian
bcc1955 is offline Find More Posts by bcc1955