SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2002, 05:45 PM
TTT
Toowoomba Qld Aust
Joined Jan 2001
74 Posts
What we really need is a GWS online shop that ships worldwide!

The above quote is from CUZOLIO in thread http://216.40.226.212/~admin2/forums...threadid=20920

Everyone was getting upset about this being discussed in the Parkflyer Forum. So I thought I would start another thread
here to discuss and maybe show by weight of numbers there is a real need either for GWS to have online purchasing or to demonstrate to a hobby shop in Taiwain that they could make a killing shipping GWS products world wide.
So make a comment or just add your name to the list.

Unless something has changed in the last week or so in Australia we still can't get a replacement GWS IPS motor without buying the whole gearbox so I would be right at the front of any queue to buy internationally.
let us know what you think

Terry
TTT is offline Find More Posts by TTT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2002, 08:07 PM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
instant customer here
Shawn Palmer is offline Find More Posts by Shawn Palmer
Old Jan 22, 2002, 08:16 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
800 Posts
Count me in

Jim
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old Jan 22, 2002, 08:19 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
EEUUUUUOOOOP!!
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Jan 22, 2002, 08:37 PM
Cross Junction, VA, USA
Joined Dec 2000
9 Posts
Count on me spending $$ there. I'm trying to find an online source for the Tiger Moth & radio, can anyone point me to a dealer?
thanks.
Doug
Doug Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by Doug Gilbert
Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:57 PM
Oz Member
Near Mallala, South Oz
Joined Nov 2001
161 Posts
I know where you're coming from TTT, we've only just got the first shipment of edf50's here in SA, after reading about them for months! And finally spare motors, sans gearbox.
I love GWS products, and the impact that have had on opening up the hobby to so many more new-comers. (The lite stick and then the Moth, are responsible for my getting back into the hobby!) But the continual "tempting" of gear we aren't likely to see, in Oz at least, for months, is turning me away from worrying about them. So to have access to products, as they are available form the factory....
Ragnar is offline Find More Posts by Ragnar
Old Jan 22, 2002, 11:12 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,825 Posts
i have to Whole heartedly agree.. i do shop my LHS religously.. but i have noticed a lack of GWS equipment.. i asked one local shop about GWS edf's and i got the blank stare.. so i am all for a site online to order internationally.. course them Aussie Mates will get their stuff first .. heehee .. Vyceroy
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:10 PM
I am M I G H T Y !
Ipswich, England
Joined Feb 2001
486 Posts
Ja wohl mein herr!

Ok, now that the thread has been moved and this thread started I would just like to bleat out that the beef that I have with GWS as an organisation and GWS4CEO are 2 entirely different issues.
Although Mr Lin heavily influences the policies of GWS I feel that he is, as someone stated, here to hype and pump up interest in the sales of GWS products. Fair enough! Thats bidness! Thats the way it is.

What I feel is lacking with all of our interaction with Mr Lin is that we are speaking and he is hearing us BUT NOT LISTENING. NOT RESPONDING.

If this EZone is such a valuble resource to Mr Lin did he pound his wallet and shoot a check off to Mr Bourke when Mr Bourke was asking for donations to upgrade the servers? I dont know? Do you? Is it even any of our business? probably not. I am saying this because I have not seen any GWS ad banners on the site and to me that would indicate a rather philanthropic act on the part of GWS(4CEO).

Why are our PM's and postings not being responded to when the questions and comments may not be very positive but ARE LEGITIMATE?

Hey, If I was getting A FREE PLANE THAT WAS YET TO BE RELEASED TO THE W O R L D MODELLING MARKET AND WAS ASKED(or offered) TO REVIEW IT AND SOMEONE WAS GRIPING (legitimately) ABOUT THE COMPANY/PERSON WHO GAVE ME SAID MODEL, I WOULD STICK UP FOR THEM TOO! I dont dispute Mr Bronk watching Mr Lins back, but, move the thread? WTF?

Ive tried emailing Mr Lin and the GWS sales rep for the UK from the email adresses listed on the GWS site and they have all been RETURNED TO SENDER as the adresses are no longer up and running.

I like to deal with people who take an interest in me as a modeler. Not just a BREATHING WALLET.

DOUG BINDER of MOUNTAIN MODELS will be recieving a part of my hard earned cheddar because he has a voice, is interested in and takes action from the suggestions of his customers during the development of his products and provides a level of customer service that would make any large CONGLOMO HOBBY INC CEO soil him/herself. THAT is what I like about the service Doug provides. Thats what I like about "Micro-Brew" models and the small companies who provide them.

Please dont think that I have a problem with GWS(4CEO) because EVERY ONE OF OUR SUGGESTIONS FOR HIM TO SET UP AN ONLINE SHOP ARE SEEMING TO FALL ON DEAF EARS. Right now, I couldnt care less as I cannot foresee anytime in the near future when I will be purchasing any GWS products. Is this my own little personal protest?
For right now it is.

Steve
"IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
Steve Wrona is offline Find More Posts by Steve Wrona
Old Jan 24, 2002, 09:22 AM
Columbia, MO USA
Joined Feb 2001
715 Posts
I've been e-mailing Houng-wen Lin for the past three months expressing my interest in becoming an importer for his kits and electronics. I have yet to receive a single response. The only time I have ever received anything from him is when he added my name to their automated spam producing add machine! I'd love to talk to the guy but I'm not going to pay international phone charges. Oh well, I tried. The quest goes on for affordable, powerful, and easily attainable parkflier motor/gb's and electronics.

Quote:
DOUG BINDER of MOUNTAIN MODELS will be recieving a part of my hard earned cheddar because he has a voice, is interested in and takes action from the suggestions of his customers during the development of his products and provides a level of customer service that would make any large CONGLOMO HOBBY INC CEO soil him/herself.
Me too. As soon as the Switchback comes out I'll be sending off another check. Keep up the good work Doug>
VWtechie is offline Find More Posts by VWtechie