HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:40 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Thank you, Ray, Bud and Mark

This probably doesn't really belong here but I ask that you leave it here for a bit. I see that the trader rating system is now live and that this replaces the previous method of the good and not-so-good seller list.

I would like to take this time to give a big THANK YOU to Mark, Ray, and Bud for their efforts in maintaining that list. I can only imagine what a huge effort it must have been to keep up with it. I would bet that this new system is a huge relief to you guys. The work you have done has helped all us Ezoners have a more enjoyable experience in the for sale forums.

Thank you very much!

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:55 AM
United States, FL, Apopka
Joined Mar 2002
1,674 Posts
Hey awesome... I'm glad they added it as it's a nice tool. Thanks guys!
WreckRman2 is offline Find More Posts by WreckRman2
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:09 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
I dont see anything that keeps someone from posting a negative remark for any reason, its not like Ebay where you can't leave feedback unless you have a completed transaction with them.
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:17 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,674 Posts
It would be hard to track whether or not a user had dealings with another in the forums. The way I see it the crew here spent numerous hours a week maintaining the old sellers list I don't think they would mind spending a couple minutes removing a negative feedback if it wasn't warranted.

I just left 7 feedbacks to help get the ball rolling... I've been a busy man buying and selling these past couple weeks.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:19 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
Cue, I am looking into having the url field made a required field. Thus connecting an transaction to the feedback. We will see how it goes. It is one heck of a sight better than what we had
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2002
1,674 Posts
Hey Bud, one thing that I would like to see added is a notification email to the user recieving the feedback. Not only does this let them know someone else submitted a feedback for them but it will also encourage that person to complete a feedback as well so that both parties gets a feedback. To many times only one party takes the time to submit a feedback. Many simply forget so the email could also act as a reminder.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:42 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Morrison
Cue, I am looking into having the url field made a required field. Thus connecting an transaction to the feedback. We will see how it goes. It is one heck of a sight better than what we had
I used it this morning, and it was easy. I suggest copying the URL to your clipboard before starting the feedback process, or do them in 2 different browser windows..I had to open a new browser to get the transaction URL.

Which brings up a different set of circumstances..I have done deals strickly through PM, I never responded to the thread. So, while I did make the transaction, there is no record that I had any dealings with the person. Just something else to take into consideration.
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:45 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Joined Jul 2002
4,206 Posts
I left a few FEEDBACK today for sales I remember.
Thanks again Guys

Larry
SPEED-E-FLYER is offline Find More Posts by SPEED-E-FLYER
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:11 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,446 Posts
One word:

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:24 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Hey guys..could you at least bring the G/B short list back to the top??

This new system will eventually overtake it, but there was a wealth of deal history in that thread. I consulted it several times before responding to a deal, I'd hate to lose that option (although all of my deals have been great ones!)
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Jul 13, 2004, 02:34 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
per forum policies I need to have this thread take the trip to site suggestions ... Sorry guys

I have placed a link to this thread in the sticky pertaining to the new Trader rating system
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Last edited by Bud Morrison; Jul 13, 2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 03:14 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
No problem Bud. I just wanted it to stay visible here long enough for you guys to get the credit you deserve.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Old Jul 13, 2004, 03:20 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,955 Posts
any way to incorporate our old rating into the new one?
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jul 13, 2004, 05:23 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jun 2002
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
any way to incorporate our old rating into the new one?
I think that is a great idea !! There was a lot of good feedback that could be moved over..instead of having to start from 0 again

Mike
mlehman is offline Find More Posts by mlehman
Old Jul 13, 2004, 06:00 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Someone would have to enter the data manually. There was no "old system", just a list maintained by a kindly moderator..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W