SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2004, 08:49 AM
Joined Jul 2004
12 Posts
Dynamite .15 Tuned pipe and header

I have 2 questions:

1. I have a Nitro Falcon with a Dynamite .15S engine. I would like to install a tuned pipe. Does anyone know of a source for a header for this engine?

2. I want to run the tuned pipe straight out the stern on
the back fo the boat. Will this create any problems?

Thanks

Joe
joekitt is offline Find More Posts by joekitt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:18 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,928 Posts
I don't know how much help it will be on this boat, it's kind of a slug in stock form. Anyway, look around at your local Hobby Shop to see what they have that might fit. An Associated or similar header might do the trick, one that goes back and up, one made for an on-road car mounted upside down. A tuned pipe from any .12-1.5 car should work.
One problem the you will probably run into is that all of this extra hardware hanging off the back of the boat will change the center of gravity so you might have to add some weight to the front to compensate for it.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:27 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,928 Posts
Oops, my bad. I was thinking of the outboard tunnel boat. You can try the header from a Miss Bud if it'll clear the radio box. On my .12 powered boats, I've been using a Traxxas header from most of their car and truck kits. It has a right-angle and is bent slightly upwards to help clear going over a radio box. The only thing that I'm not quite sure of is that the Dynamite may have a wider bolt hole spacing than other motors in it's class.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson