SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2004, 07:19 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,304 Posts
Golden Age Air Museum, Grimes PA

Going to Golden Age Air Museum today for their fly-in.

These look to be some really great modeling subjects.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2004, 09:31 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,304 Posts
Posted a few pictures taken on Saturday. Great show - I recommend it to everybody. Go early in the morning - planes are arriving and leaving all day long and bring water!

www.MontanaDesign.com/vacations

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:53 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Andy, we keep just missing each other, it seems. First with the DC-3 last week, now this. Did you happen to see a red, white, blue, and turquoise Great Lakes 2T1A parked all the way back in the last row by the post and rail fence? That's how my father and I arrived. Hey, that Swearingen was something else, eh?
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Jul 12, 2004, 10:29 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Here's a picture of the Great Lakes taken at the end of the day, after most of the other pilots had taken off for home, and to keep things model related, some of the interesting stuff in the hangar. After that, we've got a Swearingen SX300 (absolutely wicked fast!) on departure, followed by the most gorgeous Stearman I've ever seen. Andy, I don't mean to hijack your thread here, it's just that I just picked up a new digital camera on Friday, so I'm still a little trigger-happy with it!
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber