HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2004, 03:56 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,424 Posts
SAAB VIGGEN KITS or PLANS

SAAB VIGGEN KITS or PLANS I would like to gain either so any leads be good.

Cheers Sluf7
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2004, 04:24 AM
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Joined Sep 2001
181 Posts
Hi,

Try Jim Fox models in U.K. I'm not sure if JFM is still around but they used to have the Viggen for .91 size fan a while back.

Best regards

Tom
supersluf is offline Find More Posts by supersluf
Old Jul 10, 2004, 06:22 AM
Joined Feb 1999
3,424 Posts
Thanks for the reply Super Sluffy. yeah hunted the net high and low for reference to Jim Fox stuff his page just diverts you to a a Electronics company of some sort.

Also tried jets Unlimited who used to have his stuff when he disappeared but they gone as well. Have managed to get a Nick Zilori Viggen plan but it's semi scale no problems with that. Although would love to track down some more scale plans if I could.

Cheers Sluf7
Old Jul 10, 2004, 04:10 PM
Joined Jul 2004
150 Posts
Jim Fox

Hi,
Jim Fox used to have a shop somewhere near Hull in UK. The shop was subsequently leased to some other guys but, as I understand, the business was wound up. Notwithstanding, Jim Fox still does jet flying and he had done a large scale Hawk. He is still active in jet flying but I do not think he operates from any shop. I am not aware that Jim still does the Viggen. If you wish to get some feedback on this plane you have to go and find one of the very early edition of Radio Control Jet International (RCJI - Traplet Publications). I believe it was either the first or second issue.
I think the Danes or Swedes have a very scale Viggen available but again I dont have much more information on this other that I know they used to make it.
I am also aware that an american plane exist of the Viggen but I do not remember who the author was. It is likely that it was Col. Art Johnson but I am not sure.
I am not aware that Ziroli makes any Viggen plans. This can be confirmed from his website.

Regards

Reuben
Malta
F86_sabre is offline Find More Posts by F86_sabre
Old Jul 10, 2004, 05:19 PM
Joined Feb 1999
3,424 Posts
Hi Reuben,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah the Jim fox trail is pretty much cold and the other guys Jets Unlimited also have bit the dust.

I have all the Jet international mags from the first one so the info is there but most of all the people have diappeared.

There is a plan from Col Bob Thacker still around so will probably get that. It looks pretty darn detailed and all the info there.

http://www.yolo.net/~jeaton/gems/10viggen.htm

Although I want to do it for Electric ducted fan and build up so can make as light as possible. I am watching quite closely the thread in EDF jets by Plane Crazy as he's just inherited a ex Turbine Euro Sport he's gonna convert to electric. Now if thats a sucesswell skys the limit really.

Mind you if the electric things no good I may just have to dabble in turbines the lil ones.

Searched under Art Johnson nothing came up re Viggen. Although have just found a couple intereting leads. Would love to get a handle on the ENir Johannson plan.

Again apprecite the heads up.

Cheers Sluf7
Old Jul 12, 2004, 05:25 AM
Joined Feb 1999
3,424 Posts
Have to kits size. SAAB VIGGEN Einar Johnsson 1/8th and 1/9th scale Viggen. Small one for ducted fan or 6 kg thrust turbine

Big one for 8 to 14 kg thrust turbine

Delivery time is 2 month

prize is 800 eur for small and 1000 for big one.

plans is for these to semi kits.

regards

Leif Poulsen : overfly.model@get2net.dk or try mailto:mail@overfly.dk

Cheers Sluf7
Old Sep 27, 2004, 07:59 AM
Brixham, Devon, England
Joined Jun 2004
297 Posts
Einar Johnsson 1/9th scale Viggen kit instructions

Bit of an impulse buy on e-bay last week and managed to buy an Einar Johnsson 1/9th scale Viggen kit; I am very pleased with the absolutely fantastic workmanship in the GRP parts and undercarraige also lots of detail in the plans, but it would appear that I am missing the written instructions (there are references to certain construction steps in the notes).

I know it is a long shot, but is there anyone out there who has any construction instructions in electronic format or who could pass on any guidance? If so could you please e-mail them to me.

This will be a long term build over the coming winter months and will be powered by OS91/Dynamax DF (just wish I could afford a turbine!!); I want to do this kit justice and build it absolutely correctly so any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks in Advance
Peter Disney
Dizz is offline Find More Posts by Dizz
Old Sep 29, 2004, 02:20 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,092 Posts
I have plans for the 3 Ziroli KRESS/OS25 jets - Viggen, F-15, & F-4. A Midi would be a good choice for them. These planes are what could be called simple scale - in the air they look good. I built the Viggen and F-15 back in the 80's for control line. Flew the Viggen at the first Arizona Jet rally. Only had a half circle for takeoff/landing, but I did real good.

I have a glass body for a 91 size Viggen. I don't know if I still have any plans for that plane. I will gladly sell what I have, but Tucson is a long way from NZ and I would be afraid of the shipping cost vs the body cost.
Bob Reynolds is offline Find More Posts by Bob Reynolds
Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:37 PM
Joined Feb 1999
3,424 Posts
Dizz check the fella on the e-mail address above as I think he said knows Einar Johnsson.
Old Oct 01, 2004, 09:00 AM
Brixham, Devon, England
Joined Jun 2004
297 Posts
Sluf7
Thanks for that. I managed to make contact with Leif in Denmark from your earlier post; he has been very helpful. I already have the main u/c, will be getting the scale nose gear from him soon - just need about 300 hours to build it

Dizz
Dizz is offline Find More Posts by Dizz
Old Oct 05, 2004, 01:59 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,092 Posts
I have a lot of plans to look through, so it may be a day or so before I reply again. The glass body that I have is from Cressline Models. The scale is 1/9.5. They advertized a 64 inch length and 45 inch wingspan. It appears that I ordered the plans and that is what I'm looking for. I also have a Dynamax fan/OS65/pipe that would work well with this plane.
Bob Reynolds is offline Find More Posts by Bob Reynolds
Old Oct 05, 2004, 09:17 PM
Joined Feb 1999
3,424 Posts
Cheers
Old Oct 06, 2004, 09:29 AM
Copenhagen Roskilde, Denmark
Joined Oct 2004
4 Posts
Hi

I have a 1/8 Einar Johanson Viggen kit for sale on RCU.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=49560
DMP! is offline Find More Posts by DMP!
Old Oct 07, 2004, 12:59 AM
Joined Feb 1999
3,424 Posts
DMP man thats one nice kit.Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I assume thats US dollars I would love it but probably be around $5000 NZ with the freight and thats just a bit rich for my blood mate.:0(

Thanks for sharing it though.

Cheers Sluf7:0)
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
New in box Jim Fox Viggen kit for sale!

I have a brand new in the box kit I'm putting up for sale later this week. Bought it new at Jim Fox models back in the early 90's. Email me for info. I'm located in the U.S. of A.
MarkDill is offline Find More Posts by MarkDill