HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2004, 10:28 PM
Athens, GA
Joined Jul 2003
374 Posts
Here's an update on my overlord. I wound up taking a little bit of the toe-in out by taping the wingtips up in the other direction. Now the wingtips are level and very strong. I got a larger battery pack (CBP2100's) and this wing's performance is great!! I know this pack is a bit hefty, but with the brushless 480 at 25amps, the Overlord doesn't seem to mind one bit! I've got it trimmed out very nicely now and I'm loving the dual rates. I can roll it in about 1.5 seconds and it flies very nicely upside down or rightside up. I love that I can put my light, low voltage pack in and coast around at slowflyer speeds or throw the big pack in and burn up the flying field. I think I've got the itch for a Devastator now.

Mark
Launchpad is offline Find More Posts by Launchpad
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2004, 03:26 AM
Gettin' Lifted
Hole In The Earth, CA
Joined Feb 2004
322 Posts
Am I the only one who hasnt had any luck finding overlord video's??

I wonder if Justin has any?

Jay
Bernoulli~Bros is offline Find More Posts by Bernoulli~Bros
Old Aug 06, 2004, 09:37 PM
Athens, GA
Joined Jul 2003
374 Posts
I'm going to get someone to shoot a video for me of mine next time I'm out. I got a monster battery pack for it (CP1700's). It is great for about 3 to 5 minutes of WOT craziness with half throttle climbs to altitude. I don't know anyone with a radar gun, but my friend has a bullet cronographer that we're going to try out. The wing goes pretty fast with this pack and still handles really well. It maxes out at about 30amps and moves pretty quick.

I think I have discovered my new love in flying wings. Is there a place to trade in your old planes with tails for wings?
Old Aug 07, 2004, 05:16 AM
Gettin' Lifted
Hole In The Earth, CA
Joined Feb 2004
322 Posts
CP1700? cbp cells?... cheapbatterypacks.com? is there another place to find them?, last time I checked, they were all out of all of the big cells,'cept for the SC, which would be a bit too much for me ....nevermind if you were not reffering to cbp cells.

Jay

PS will update on my Overlord soon.
Bernoulli~Bros is offline Find More Posts by Bernoulli~Bros
Old Aug 15, 2004, 06:50 PM
Athens, GA
Joined Jul 2003
374 Posts
Here is a crummy video of my overlord in action. This is flying on the 7cell CBP2100s. The videographer (my girlfriend) did a great job, the problem is I need a better camera.

http://rcgroups.com/gallery/data/500/18512DSCF0036.AVI