SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 09, 2004, 09:28 AM
United States of America
Joined May 2003
287 Posts
Kerry Passes Up Terror Briefing: 'I Just Haven't Had Time'

This is an interesting item found on the drudgereport. An ominous sign for us if this man wins the election. It goes to show what his real priorities are and displays his true character and concern for the country he seeks to lead.

I know some will dismiss this as only partisan, but I think it speaks clearly of what John Kerry values. He's to busy trying to get elected to take the time to be informed about threats to the country he wants to be president of. Is this the kind of leadership we want from our President?

An honest and objective consideration of this matter would admit that this is wrong.

KERRY PASSES UP TERROR BRIEFING: 'I JUST HAVEN'T HAD TIME'
Fri Jul 09 2004 09:23:56 ET

Just hours before attending an all-star celebrity fundraising concert in New York, Dem presidential candidate John Kerry revealed how has been too busy for a real-time national security briefing.

"I just haven't had time," Kerry explained in an interview.

Kerry made the startling comments on CNN's LARRY KING LIVE Thursday night.

KING: News of the day, Tom Ridge warned today about al Qaeda plans of a large-scale attack on the United States. Didn't increase the -- you see any politics in this? What's your reaction?

KERRY: Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me. I just haven't had time.

Developing...
GenesisCreation is offline Find More Posts by GenesisCreation
Old Jul 09, 2004, 09:49 AM
Joined Apr 2001
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisCreation
This is an interesting item found on the drudgereport
A reliable news source!!
mpj220 is offline Find More Posts by mpj220
Old Jul 09, 2004, 10:42 AM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
I can understand you don't accept the Drudge report, but you don't think that kerry on the larry king show is believable?????? Interesting
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Jul 09, 2004, 10:46 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisCreation
This is an interesting item found on the drudgereport.....I know some will dismiss this as only partisan
Partisan? On the drudgereport? Ya think?

This is the same rag that claimed they "broke" the news on Kerry's "affair" - the one that didn't exist. Somehow I missed their retraction and apology.

The drudgereport is the National Enquirer/Star Magazine/Jerry Springer show of political commentary.

It's a non-story.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Last edited by CoastalFlyer; Jul 09, 2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2004, 10:54 AM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
I wonder how many other Senators receive a national security briefing?
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Jul 09, 2004, 10:59 AM
Joined Apr 2001
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
I can understand you don't accept the Drudge report, but you don't think that kerry on the larry king show is believable?????? Interesting
Maybe it would be a big deal if the office of homeland security actually raised the terror level.
Tom Ridge said "We lack precise knowledge about time, place and method of attack "

I must ask......what other information is there besides time, place, and method that would warrant a press conference without raising the terror level?
John Kerry should jump when Tom Ridge says there is a plot to carry out a large-scale terror attack against the United States in the near future?
How many times have we heard this since the office of homeland security was created?
Old Jul 09, 2004, 11:04 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Fast
John Kerry on Larry King is very believable . I wouldn't trust the drudgereport of the interview, however.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Jul 09, 2004, 11:08 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer
John Kerry on Larry King is very believable . I wouldn't trust the drudgereport of the interview, however.
I think it would be easy enough to get the transcript of the interview and see for ourselves.

Logan5
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 09, 2004, 11:34 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Did spend the time to look at the CNN.com transcript page and found no such mention of the above quote during the interview.

However, the sight did say that the transcripts were 'rushes' and not complete ... but it does sound like partisan politiking to me.

Logan5
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Here we go again.. kill the source. It was on Larry King... I've found no mention of it elsewhere... go figure. The man that say's he'll be strong on national security doesn't have 'time' for briefings.... but it is just pushed aside by those that support him. How many will he 'miss' if he were president?

Paul
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:42 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Yeah, I guess attending a fundraiser isn't as important as reading "My Pet Goat." As Jon Stewart pointed out last night, the ONLY reason for this press conference and briefing was specifically to distract the public from the Kerry-Edwards announcement. No new information was presented. The "threat level" was unchanged.

Kerry is on the Senate Intelligence Committee. Bush can't spell it.

As far as Edwards being unqualified to be President:

(1) Certainly serving on the SIC is more relevant than being the Governor of Texas, especially considering that Governorship is the weakest, by far of any state, in terms of what the Governor can and cannot do vis-a-vis the Legislature. He can propose legislation, he can veto, and that's it! Compare this to the Governor of Maryland, where the legislature cannot even put anything in the budget, but only approve or cut what the Governor proposes. Governor of Texas was the perfect job for Bush: ceremonial figurehead.

(2) Oh, yeah, Dick Cheney's vaunted "experience" is a great role model for a Vice-President. His "vision and foresight" are what has gotten us in this "Mess-o-Potamia" (thanks again, Jon Stewart) in the first place.

(3) Two words: DAN QUAYLE!
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Last edited by Bob HSG; Jul 09, 2004 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Minor refinements and enhancements
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:45 PM
Joined Apr 2001
428 Posts
"pushed aside"??

At the current moment, what power does Kerry have over homeland security?

It does remind me of what GWB was doing on 9/11 though. After being informed that we were under attack, he continued with the photo op at Emma T. Booker Elementary School, listening to children read. Even after Chief of Staff Andrew Card came over and whispered in Bush's ear, "A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack." - he still sat there for another 5 minutes.
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:52 PM
Joined Apr 2001
428 Posts
Don't forget the Presidential Daily Briefing, August 6, 2001 entitled:

"bin Laden Determined to Strike in US "

too bad it was ignored
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
uh oh... here it comes...
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Last edited by Arbo; Apr 11, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 09, 2004, 01:04 PM
Joined Apr 2001
428 Posts
Pushed aside that one- with cute little attached image too