HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2002, 10:43 AM
Joined Jan 2002
56 Posts
NEW!!! electronicmodel motors and esc !!!!

Hi All,

did you visit this site:

http://www.electronicmodel.com

it sounds very good and cheaper than others:

motors + esc is around 250 euros

and the esc can handle BEC up to 12 cells (non neeed for extra battery)

the motor is Smaba or Fun size but weights only 160gr

BUT there is no "governor mode" even if their esc are Kontronik, Hacker....compatible

what do you think? your advice?

thanks

François
fjhdavid is offline Find More Posts by fjhdavid
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2002, 12:16 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,291 Posts
Re: NEW!!! electronicmodel motors and esc !!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by fjhdavid

what do you think? your advice?

thanks

François
What I think is there a 7 different threads posted by you in the last 2 days. Consolidate them all into one thread starting with - "I'm unsure of anything but I'd like to get X heli" Whatever X is, is it a Logo 10? Something else? Then we can have an informed discussion answering whatever the sum of all your questions are in one place.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Jan 21, 2002, 12:59 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,215 Posts
Hello

About a few months ago I asked the same question you asked about the same motor and controller.

The motor sounds good but I would get a controller with better features like the Kontronik.

How about this, you be the first to test this motor. I would get the Chronos 16 or 20.

Also, I know all you thoughs don't come to you at once but please try to collect as many as you can and then put it all down in one post. I helps keep as many post from different people on the first page and makes it easier to answer questions.

One last thing, since you are the latest persion to ask about this motor, I ask you to find out what type of magnets they use in their motors. If they are ferrite, that would explain their price.

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old Jan 21, 2002, 04:13 PM
Joined Jan 2002
56 Posts
chris is true

Dear Chris,

Maybe your name says all, but I am a beginner and my questions come one after the others.

Do I have to wait each week in order to talk?

sorry, but I think the forum is the place to talk and my questions are not so stupid...if you look at the people looking for them.

François
Old Jan 21, 2002, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2002
56 Posts
I will ask the guy tommorow

Dear Carlo,

Ok, I will ask the guy, he is french like me, it will be easier.

about the controller, I already know that there is no "governor mode"...this is a begining of the price explanation, maybe?

anyway, you right, I am asking myself which heli to buy, and people are so enthisisat with their own heli (as you with eco8 I guess) that I don't know anymore.

and there is a lot of choice right now!!!
Old Jan 21, 2002, 05:17 PM
Joined Jun 2001
2,215 Posts
Hello

If I had the choices available now when I decided to buy my first helicopter, I would have purchased the Logo 10. I like the way it looks and the way it is designed, tough.

I would definitally get an ESC that is designed for a helicotper like the Kontronik brand ESC. They are more expensive, but you definitally get what you pay for.

My Kontronik 3SL-40-6-18 was really easy to set up and use, and it is also very thin and lite. Personally, I don't like to use a BEC on my helicopter, I would rather use a 5 volt regulator or a small reciever pack. The slight increase in weight wont affect your flight time a lot.

Carlo
Old Jan 21, 2002, 07:06 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,291 Posts
Re: chris is true

Quote:
Originally posted by fjhdavid
Dear Chris,

Maybe your name says all, but I am a beginner and my questions come one after the others.

Do I have to wait each week in order to talk?

sorry, but I think the forum is the place to talk and my questions are not so stupid...if you look at the people looking for them.

François
No, you don't have to wait a week. If your thread title s more general you can keep adding questions as they occur to you rather than adding new threads every hour or two. Each time you add a reponse or new question the thread will float to the top of the list and folks will answer....
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Jan 22, 2002, 03:46 AM
Joined Jan 2002
56 Posts
I understand!

Ok, Chris I understand know how the thread forum works.

Carlo, I think you are right about the esc quality.
Mike from Kontronik told me that the Beat esc are better than Smile even for the Fun motors!

About the motors, I would prefer to wait, but it is always better that the esc and the motor come from the same factory (especially for brushless due to the delicate timing process)

Oh yes, I asked for the chronos magnet...I wait for the answer.

François
Old Jan 22, 2002, 07:10 AM
Joined Jan 2002
56 Posts
Chronos is neodynium

The guy from electronicmodel told me it is neodynium magnets for all the brushless line.

Is it ok?

François
Old Jan 22, 2002, 08:51 AM
Joined Jun 2001
2,215 Posts
Hello

Neodynium magnets are what you want.

"About the motors, I would prefer to wait, but it is always better that the esc and the motor come from the same factory (especially for brushless due to the delicate timing process)."

I think timing really has to do with the ammount of poles of the motor.

If you find a controller for the correct pole count(the Kontronik and the Schulze controller are designed for multiple pole counts) the motor will work fine and you will also have a controller ment for a helicotper.

Carlo