Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 08, 2001, 10:05 AM
Omaha, NE, USA
Joined Jun 2001
1 Posts
New to E/F - need help

I've been flying large scale gas for a number of years and want to build and fly an electric. Picking a 4ch plane seems to be the easy part, but I'm at a total loss when it comes to the running gear. I'm intrigued by SR's X-250, but not sure if their package for gear is the best route to go. The terminology is all foreign to me. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
LouieC is offline Find More Posts by LouieC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2001, 11:01 AM
England
Joined Mar 2001
74 Posts
Check out the FAQ at the top of the page. This explains all the terms used in ef. I will leave the suggestion of running gear to more established members.

Good luck, Rob.
rob barham is offline Find More Posts by rob barham
Old Jun 08, 2001, 03:20 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
The suggested power setup for the X250 is the way to go. There are ways to improve upon this, but their package is a good price, and the performance is excellent for this relatively low cost setup.
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jun 08, 2001, 05:52 PM
Old Desert Rat
Rimrock AZ. USA
Joined Mar 2000
1,113 Posts
If you like the X-250, which is probably a good choice, I would give them a call and tell them your predicament. Go by what they say, they will steer you in the right direction. Trust the good guys, it will save you money and make things easier. Then when you want a challenge, I have some silly plans for wimpy planes and probably bad advice. I see you are from Omaha, my old home town, still have family there.
Welcome to Ezone.
..AZ Chuck
Arizona Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Arizona Chuck
Old Jun 08, 2001, 09:17 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,656 Posts
Want a challange?? Look at the Herr Pitts Special. Many have converted it to electric. Check posts for Herr Pitts on what they are using. http://iflyherr.com/k507.html
ps. dealers sell it cheaper, of course.
hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy