SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2004, 01:38 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
Csd P51

Hello to all, Well I was trying to get a BD5 from CSD for my Bday and they told my wife it would take a couple of month before they could get me one. I wanted somthing different. Any way to make this short. After talking with Robert at CSD I finally settled on the P51. It should be here by next week. My question is. Is there much difference between the P51 build than the AirCobra? I have done a search and could not find a build on the P51. I really don't think I will have to much problem with building it, other than painting but I just wanted to know if there was anything I should do differently than what is in the AirCobra build. I will be building it in one piece because I do not have transportation problems. I will be using Solartex on the wings, I notice the solartex thread and have been reviewing all of the info I can find on these planes. I'm excited and can't wait to get it started. Thanks for any tips you guys can pass on.

Doc
Doc Holiday48 is offline Find More Posts by Doc Holiday48
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2004, 01:43 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,226 Posts
There's not much difference except that you glue a scoop to the bottom of the wing. The basics are all still the same.

TFLG
TFLG is online now Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Jul 08, 2004, 02:37 PM
Moderatee buncha places
Southern California
Joined Aug 2003
1,939 Posts
not really a build thread but it does have some photos at various steps of the process I did.

Enjoy!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7&page=1&pp=15

Tawg
Tawg is offline Find More Posts by Tawg
Old Jul 08, 2004, 03:11 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
Hey Thanks, I went through your thread what a nice looking plane. I hope mine comes out at least 1/2 as good as yours did. I have to start looking at paint schemes now I guess. As I said earlier that I was looking at the BD5 and had pick out the paint scheme from Jame Bond Octopussy. So now I will have to start a new search. By the way TFLG I can get lots of Dutch Chocolate and Coca Cola. If that is what it takes to get help in painting this project. That will be probably the hardest part for me. Thanks again for the info. I won't do a build on this but I will post some pic's when I get started.

Doc.
Old Jul 08, 2004, 03:18 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,226 Posts
mmmmmmm CHOCOLATE
TFLG is online now Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Jul 08, 2004, 03:43 PM
Tryin not to be a hack!!
SoCal
Joined May 2004
1,797 Posts
Congrats on the new plane, and I think a new CSD kit should be a standard present for every birthday, fathers day, uh.... Thanksgiving, and even Martin Luther King's B-day..sure, why not!!!

I just had the decision to deal with as far which CSD kit to get, and it was between the F80......or the P51. Geez, Im just glad I made a damn decision, without to much stress and fatigue....LOL

I wont be happy till I have 1 of each!!! Make that 2 of each, in assorted colors!!!!

Happy birthday!!
Kevin
Aerobat152A is offline Find More Posts by Aerobat152A
Old Jul 08, 2004, 06:37 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
Thanks Kevin,
I agree everybody should get toys for there Bday even us big kids. By the way I also got a new Futaba 9c too. I saved up for 1/2 of it for my Bday and my son, father, and father in-law came up with the rest. It is working great with my Moth. I got a great Wife who lets me have the toys and the time to enjoy them. I'm going to put the BD5 on my christmas list. Hopefully they will have them available by then. Oh by the way her Bday is next month so she knows what she spends so will I. Everybody wins. LOL

So which one did you choose Kevin?
Doc.
Old Jul 08, 2004, 07:37 PM
Tryin not to be a hack!!
SoCal
Joined May 2004
1,797 Posts
Hey Doc,
Oops, I guess I forgot to say, I was just excited for ya I guess. F80 was my choice, for now. Bought the Kingcobra last month, and I do intend to get the P51, as well as the BD5 at some point. I too am blessed with a wonderful wife, whom when we got together, wanted to buy me the real plane I wanted...Stinson 108. All the CSD's PSSers are great flyers from what Ive seen and heard, Im just working my way down the list, thats all.

<-------- We had an early Christmas present last year....sitting off to the left there, heir to all my RC treasure!!!!

Enjoy,
Kevin
Aerobat152A is offline Find More Posts by Aerobat152A
Old Jul 08, 2004, 11:31 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
Cool, thats great My youngest is 19 and I'm trying to teach him how to fly. He is working on buying an M60. He has been flying an eraser. Part of the reason I took a break from flying was to be involved with him and scouts. Now that he is beyond that I'm back into my toys and hopfully he will join me and kick my well you know He already kicks it in skiing and is real close in dirt bikes. Thanks for the good wishes and I hope you have as much fun with your young one as I have had with mine.

By the way, back to planes I think I've decided on what colors and scheme for my P51. I'm looking at the Old Crow or Glamourus Glen, and no I did not spell that wrong Chuck Yeagers P51-B has this spelling on it. I will load some pic's of my thoughts on paint scheme and see what every one thinks.

Doc
Last edited by Doc Holiday48; Jul 08, 2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:10 AM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
I hope this works right this is the 1st time for adding pic's. These are the 2 paint schemes I'm looking at.
Old Jul 09, 2004, 04:29 AM
San Pedro
Joined Jan 2004
767 Posts
My vote is for the #2 paint. I think that will be a nice looking plane and either way you can't go wrong.
dman1 is offline Find More Posts by dman1
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:08 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
I like the Old Crow better too. But I've always been a big fan of Chuck Yeager. His plane would be easier I think for a 1st time paint job. But then not as colorfull. I'm going to have to see how things go together and how good of a job I'm doing when I start the painting. I can also see me making some of this as stickers instead of painting. Will see when I get there.

Doc
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:28 PM
Santa Barbara, CA
Joined Feb 2004
2,968 Posts
I like the Old Crow because those invasion stripes are sooo easy to see on the slope and should help w/ orientation.

ps. I wonder if CSD will ever come out with a P51-D?

Lance
hydrogin is offline Find More Posts by hydrogin
Old Jul 09, 2004, 12:51 PM
Team member-One day PSS Build!
Corona, CA.
Joined Sep 2003
1,463 Posts
Brian Laird (TFLG) had the old P-51D mold, but he is in the process of reworking the plug. It will look almost like the P-51B (New) mold, but as the D model. Robert of CSD just needs to get a new mold made.

Carl
(one of the unknown CSD plug redesigners!)
Carlski is offline Find More Posts by Carlski
Old Jul 09, 2004, 11:06 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
Well I met the UPS man at the door, and the new kit is here. It will be a couple of more days before I get started on it. I need some things from the Hobby shop and I'm still healing from the doctor removing some hardware from my ankle from last year when I had it pinned together. It's healing fast but the doctor doesn't want me moving a lot till he takes out the stitches. I will post some pics as I go but I'm not going to do a full on build thread. Thanks to all of you who have passed on your knowledge, I will be reveiwing it quite often.

Doc